Want to stretch and fat tire.. But love curves?

Freebird87

Registered
Okay, I want to stretch out my busa.. (4 - 6") and I want to put a fatter tire on the back.. But I LOVE curves and cornering on my busa.... What is a good size tire that won't take away the performance of the curve but still look good??

Changing to 240 you may need to change your style take it easy, lest you find yourself in a ditch

Changing to 240 you may need to change your style take it easy, lest you find yourself in a ditch

+1, you lose ALOT of lean angle the wider you go, those wide tires are very square. Added to the stretch, even a short one, you'll notice a big difference in handling. Sure, you can ride curves, just not nearly as hard.

What is a good size tire that won't take away the performance of the curve but still look good??

Remain stock, simple as that. Like others said you will not be able to go around those corners with a bigger tire. If you HAVE to get a bigger tire go with a 240, just don't be disappointed when you notice you won't be able to corner nearly as hard.

I am +6. With a 240. On my 09 .to me it handles fine and it works for me but when i ride with my buddies they are hitting curves at speeds i cant because of it. you can do it but if you are riding with guys that are stock you cant hang with them

:whistle: You have to learn it all over again...and work it harder to do the same......:thumbsup: but if your an everyday knee dragger....240 max prob. I myself love the 330 and have learned how to work it and rock it hard thru the twist:beerchug:

and for if any reason I am slower thru the turns ( dont think so ) I boost to get me to the next turn quicker....LOL

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all of your replys... Great advice.... I knew as a new owner and rider, I would find all the help I needed here!

I was pretty certain that it would take away some of the performance, I was just wondering what size tire wouldn't take away ALL of it! I ususally ride alone, although occasionally I go through town with the boys.. so I don't need to worry about hangin' with the stock guys too often... But it's good to know...

Sadly, I can't afford two busa's.... And since that is my bike of choice, I will have to learn to give and take a little, as I like the style, I will have to take a little less curving....

DEMMYM.. Thanks for the warning on parking lots! This means I will be sneakin' back to the bike course after hours to re-learn my slow speed manuvers.... Do you have any suggestions/expereinces to share on rocks? It is a little nerve-racking now with the bike basically stock... Does the larger tire make those rocky drives and parking lots more or less of a terror?

Thanks Again guys for ALL of your replys! Please feel free to keep adding!

Well Im on a 330 and when in gravel lots ( I try to avoid ), but no worries on the rear..just keep the a stiff arm on the front. Plus the fatter rear will not cut down in to the gravel like a SKINNY tire would...fatty walks on top.
Most of your change will come from the stretch not the fatty. I feel a diff now being a 330 at 7 over vs was 9 over....using the effort but w quicker responce.

buy a cheap 6 and have two bikes if you really love curves.
Thats what I did , bought a FZ6 and found that bike is a kick in the butt to ride in the hills what it lacks in power makes up in performance , I take Baby girl now when I go to shows or or just to show off .:laugh:

My FZ6

41309_150077438343616_100000240811020_391366_8147380_n.jpg

Hate to be offensive.. But to me that thing is hideous.... and I sadly only have enough garage room/ cash flow for one bike... Thanks for the thought..... I will pretty much just interpret it as if I want a huge fat tire I may want to consider another bike for all my curvy roads...

Thanks guys for all of your replys... Great advice.... I knew as a new owner and rider, I would find all the help I needed here!

I was pretty certain that it would take away some of the performance, I was just wondering what size tire wouldn't take away ALL of it! I ususally ride alone, although occasionally I go through town with the boys.. so I don't need to worry about hangin' with the stock guys too often... But it's good to know...

Sadly, I can't afford two busa's.... And since that is my bike of choice, I will have to learn to give and take a little, as I like the style, I will have to take a little less curving....

DEMMYM.. Thanks for the warning on parking lots! This means I will be sneakin' back to the bike course after hours to re-learn my slow speed manuvers.... Do you have any suggestions/expereinces to share on rocks? It is a little nerve-racking now with the bike basically stock... Does the larger tire make those rocky drives and parking lots more or less of a terror?

Thanks Again guys for ALL of your replys! Please feel free to keep adding!

Gravel not so much a problem, I do try and avoid it though, You will notice it will take longer to turn around when you stretch it.

Hate to be offensive.. But to me that thing is hideous.... and I sadly only have enough garage room/ cash flow for one bike... Thanks for the thought..... I will pretty much just interpret it as if I want a huge fat tire I may want to consider another bike for all my curvy roads...

yeah, i'll just say the fz6 looks to be an aquired taste. i bought a $4500 '07 zx6r w/4000 miles & warranty. you can find nice 6's for cheap.. it really was the best of both worlds, but what finally made me sell it was having to pay th eextra $45 for insurance every month. but i'll also say you've never really done curves till you been on a 6. that thing is so light and just stays glued to the ground.

4822185405_c399aace61_b.jpg

Its not the must impressive pic of the bike , you ever come down the west coast Ill take you out on some hills that will leave you a smile in your helmet if you like the sweepers .

Two types of bikes. The stretched, slammed "can't beat me off the line" custom Drag bike or the "you can't catch me in the corners"(leave stock or custom) Race bike. You can't really make an effective hybrid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back