6" stretch ????

cueball

Registered
I just had a GSXR1000 swingarm extended 6" to put on my 04 Busa. I haven't installed it yet but holding it up to the bike, Im thinking I didn't go back far enough. Does anyone have pics of a 6" stretch so I can see how it looks I will also be lowering the rear and I want to just barely tuck the center of the rear tire under the tail.

sa1.jpg

sa2.jpg

sa3.jpg

Go to longest length possible minus about 1/2" room for chain stretch. You can always buy couple extra sets of master links and shorten the chain if needed. Gets expensive going the other way if you decide to go longer and have to buy new chain again.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know GSXR-1000 swingarms are 1 1/2" inch longer from center of pivot to center of axle, so before you order a chain measure first 6" over on a GSXR-1000 might be 7 1/2" over on a Busa depending on how it was made. Stock Busa measurement from center swingarm piviot to center of axle is 22" so just confirm length before ordering a chain. I would go with 140 links and cut it down to what you need. Depending on sprockets you use probably end up cutting off 6 or 8 links.

this is mine with a 6" extensions. i'm pretty sure i got a 140 link chain and had to cut it down to 136? but i also have 1 down in front and 2 up in rear, so that makes a difference on lenght also.

100_0871.jpg

6 inches over on mine with stock rims and tires. Love it, rides almost like stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300508532.145624.jpg

I just had a GSXR1000 swingarm extended 6" to put on my 04 Busa. I haven't installed it yet but holding it up to the bike, Im thinking I didn't go back far enough. Does anyone have pics of a 6" stretch so I can see how it looks I will also be lowering the rear and I want to just barely tuck the center of the rear tire under the tail.

Just a thought when lowering it. If you too low under there you will bottom out and rub a hole in your undertail.

Busadrew, I have a tiger tail on the way which will prevent that from happening. Almost no starage space, but it wont rub.

Back