Stretch ?

roached

Registered
Probably going to come across as an idiot but here goes lol. I just bought an 09, got rid of the rear fender and visually dont like the wheel location...I will commute allot on this bike, like the twisties abit and like to race ocassionaly as well. At what point does the stretch start to affect the handling? Would like to go 6 but can live with 3-4 visually....how much handling is lost with a 6 inch stretch? .....sorry my brain is toast at the moment.....customizing in your sleep takes a toll on you (-: Just looking for the best compomise...thanks

It will change it some, but not that much. A few runs after the change and youll be right in the saddle again. Stay between 4-6 stretch.

4-6 is the way to go. No problems in the turning dept. just take a few days to get used to. Also will have to tuck those toes a little higher

i have mine stretched 6 inches and havent noticed a difference. still can take the tire all the way to the edge and throw some sparkes since i lowered it a bit.. Stretch it and enjoy

4-5 should be fine we have been stretching arms for years.....and this is the most popular wheel base most street riders go with...we have bolt on extensions also...that go from 2-7 or we can do a rm for you...the handling will be effected a bit...but not to much...you will get use to it quick

spencercycle.com

Have mne stretched 7 out and after a couple of days of riding got really use to it,,,,still give it much respect but now I can ride her even better now than when she was stock.

Have mne stretched 7 out and after a couple of days of riding got really use to it,,,,still give it much respect but now I can ride her even better now than when she was stock.

I have mine stretched 7 also. I hated the look of the stock wheel location. I like the look of the stretch much better now. I also like the ride better now too!

4 inch should be fine.....ive seen guys out in the twisties with a big tire too, and they carve alright i guess..but if your keeping stock tire, youll be good, I admit that i like when the tire follows the natural lines of the bike with a 4-6 stretch...but mine is stock and raised...do it and take her out:thumbsup:

Back