Volar O-Ring Chains

sk8snw8s

Registered
Org
I'm trying to find out if these chains are just as equal, better or worse than the stock chain? I already know EK are the best.
Thanks

Volar O-ring chain.jpg

I wouldn't take a chance on a chain. If it breaks, it could be hundreds of dollars to fix the damage and lots more if it makes you go down.

Volar Tensile Strength: 9,850 lbs
EK ZZZ 10560 lbs

EK has a little more strength.. Give Justin a call at Toledo Honda he can give you a great price on these.

My question is, how much tensile strength is actually needed for normal riding? Not drag racing. Clearly you wouldn't want to put a chain designed for a 600 on a Busa, but is the 10,560 just overkill? Just thinking out loud.
Volar Tensile Strength: 9,850 lbs
EK ZZZ 10560 lbs

EK has a little more strength.. Give Justin a call at Toledo Honda he can give you a great price on these.

My question is, how much tensile strength is actually needed for normal riding? Not drag racing. Clearly you wouldn't want to put a chain designed for a 600 on a Busa, but is the 10,560 just overkill? Just thinking out loud.

My friend who ask me to post this said the guy or salesperson told him if he's not into drag racing and just regular riding the Volar is just as good as your stock and will hold up for regular riding.

I had a diamond american made chain and it was 9800 tensil strength.Made to order chain and a very nice piece.RK,EK.DID, they all make good chains.

My friend who ask me to post this said the guy or salesperson told him if he's not into drag racing and just regular riding the Volar is just as good as your stock and will hold up for regular riding.

I dont think so. Do a search on the sight here. Also google is your friend research the brand. Is 100 bucks or less worth the risk? Seriously, chain breaks all kinds of bad things happen. You interested in replaceing sprockets, plastic, engine covers, etc? If not spend the little extra money and get a good proven chain. Dont take the word of someone trying to sell you something. You came here and asked for advice from an experienced group who ride what you do you got sounds advice.

Never understood the drag racing thing with a stronger chain yes maybe if your running wheelie bars and drop the clutch at 10,000 rpms but my chain is taking a major stress test each time I shift into 2nd on the back wheel.
For around 60 dollars more you can get a chain known for its strength and quality. Sure a Volar is strong enough I don't doubt it one bit. IMO spending the extra dollars is worth my piece of mind that when I do hit the throttle hard that the chain isnt going to snap coming up and smashing my cases to pieces causing me to shop for a $5000 replacement engine.
The key question here is, how long do plan on keeping your bike?

Also remember if you do plan on keeping your bike for a while the EK ZZZ will last longer due to less stretch.

I saw those on ebay when looking for a new chain for my 1982 GS1100e. I will bet that is a Chinese made O-ring chain. I put a Chinese chain (BikeMaster?) on a Honda CB750 Nighthawk I had for awhile. No problems and nothing obviously wrong with it, but then I was planning on selling the bike after the summer, and that bike makes half the power of a Busa.

Given that a good chain and sprockets costs $250 and can last over 20-25,000 miles with proper maintenance, this is a stupid place to try to save money, especially if you plan on keeping your Busa for awhile.

My goodies should be showing soon too! sprocket chain and tools!

Back