Video of my coached skydive yesterday

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I did quite a bit of stuff wrong. lol I kept over shooting the direction I wanted to turn and I pushed off the plane way to hard. I also didnt do a strong arch when I went to pull. Which resulted in a bit of a spin when I reached back.

This was jump number 19.

Still a blast though!:cheerleader:

Last edited by a moderator:
FRIGGEN COOL!! not quite so stable yet but great video...

Yep. I honestly had been doing a lot better on my solo jumps. I had been much more stable and did a much better job with turns and tracking.

Maybe the camera made me nervous or something. But what ever it was I still need more practice.

Try try again! I'll get there!
Posted via Mobile Device

Whoooaaa...dizzy~!~

What was the small flapper that he closed after opening the shoot~?~

Nice vid, thanks for sharing...you gonna ride out of the plane on a Busa next~?~

GREAT JOB! Observations:

- when you leave the plane, to get a good exit you should be facing forward in the relative wind, not turning and diving at the camera (that's what got you messed up on the exit).

- you have a slow spin to the left; it is either your feet, knee or shoulder not being symmetric. I had the same problem; it was one knee being lower than the other. I would tap my feet together to check (yep, good), and my shoulders would feel right, but one knee was lower than the other. Just keep doing it and you will overcome it; on your next jump think about sticking one foot out further than the other (in your case, your RIGHT foot/right knee) to overcome the LEFT spin). At pull time, the spin intensified - which frequently will result in line twists so you want to get over that. Don't worry, you will get it and eventually it will come naturally. Most skydivers actually fly with their knees and don't even think about it anymore.

You had a good arch the entire skydive and after the exit held it. Don't know at what altitude you pulled at, but in order of importance:

1 PULL.
2. PULL at the proper altitude.
3. PULL with stability.

The problems you had with that skydive were minor and will be overcome with experience. You need to go out and repeat that jump until you learn to compensate for the spin.

Congrats and BLUE SKIES

P.S. After reviewing the video again, look at your feet, that one foot is sticking out further than the other - that's all it takes to put you in a slow spin...

cool vid! I can't wait to do my first sky dive. Might have to wait til spring time now. getting chilly up here

Alright well I'll have to build up the nerve and get out there then. Nobody wants to go with me so looks like I'll have to do it alone.

That is one of the best things I have done...nothing like it.

Congrats on your progression.

Back