various options on kits

Nick Kickass

Registered
I see most stage kits come with a basic setup and offer many different things as options. There are 2 options I'm kind of curious about (I'm looking at stage 1 kits by the way).

First, what benifit is there in getting a full exhaust w/can? Obviously its going to be quiter. Will it affect the power characteristics and/or peak power/tourqe? Worth getting?

And the BOV. This is what makes that menacing "chirp" yes? But I was told by a friend that a wastegate is the same as a BOV and a wastegate is included in all the kits out there. Whats the deal here?

Oh, and at what power output are heavy clutch springs necessary? above 200? 220?

Is the thicker head gasket at all benificial to engine life in <250hp applications?

Thanks in advance.

I see most stage kits come with a basic setup and offer many different things as options.  There are 2 options I'm kind of curious about (I'm looking at stage 1 kits by the way).

First, what benifit is there in getting a full exhaust w/can?  Obviously its going to be quiter.  Will it affect the power characteristics and/or peak power/tourqe?  Worth getting?

Stealth...I think that most will advise that a full system will make aobut 10-15hp less than a dump pipe..

And the BOV.  This is what makes that menacing "chirp" yes?  But I was told by a friend that a wastegate is the same as a BOV and a wastegate is included in all the kits out there.  Whats the deal here?

Depends on which kit you get a Velocity stage 1 kit comes with an internal wastegate thus no BOV...

Oh, and at what power output are heavy clutch springs necessary?  above 200?  220?

Stage one with about 250hp heavy springs were necessary...

Is the thicker head gasket at all benificial to engine life in <250hp applications?

I blew the stock gasket shortly after the initial install...Went with the cometic gaskets no other problems thus far...

Thanks in advance.
Added to your post...

Tose answers from Stunnah pretty much give you everything you need in answers.

Back