valve stem replacement with wheels installed??

The ones I got are Arête I believe is how it's spelled, they came from Kurveygirl as well.
These are same ones Ducati installs on all their bikes from the factory.

please DO NOT use them on rubber stems!!! this is where i ended up when i did that, it bent the stem over so far it split it and let the air out of the tire very quickly (and yes, it was a new stem when the tire was put on...had put about 1500 miles or so on the tire when the stem failed)

IMG_6674 (Large).jpg

please DO NOT use them on rubber stems!!! this is where i ended up when i did that, it bent the stem over so far it split it and let the air out of the tire very quickly (and yes, it was a new stem when the tire was put on...had put about 1500 miles or so on the tire when the stem failed)

So semi was it the weight of the tpms that flexed the stem so much it failed?
How'd you fix that?

So semi was it the weight of the tpms that flexed the stem so much it failed?
How'd you fix that?

yes
acehole ran to the Phillips and got lavinrac to come pick me up and haul me to Wheelers for another stem...i've already got aluminum stems to replace the rubber ones with at the next tire change

Not sure what was up with that. I've been running them on my rubber stems for 1 1/2 years now. I just remembered to order stems before my tire change this time.

I'm gonna try them out on my rubber stems but will get the metal 90 deg stems installed asap when i get time

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Seems like quite a chore to swap valve stems with wheels/tires still on bike. I' m for waiting until you need tires. Great suggestion, looking for Pashnit now..
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey everyone, just saw the thread being linked here.

I want to rest assure everyone that these are the highest quality valves around, and exact same ones as the ones you see on Kurvey Girls website. They are all made by a company in Italy. So this isn't one of those cases that the less expensive product is inferior, they are the same product just a more affordable price.

Back