Valve check

wildone

Registered
Has anyone had a valve check performed and when the throttle bodies are removed, seeing a whole lot of gunk buildup on the top of the valves (side where the stem comes up?  I have 14,500 miles on my '07 and it is really, really gunky.  Is it caused by improper gas (octane rating) or additives?  I'm getting the head removed, cleaned,etc... will cost about $800 for the job from start to finish.

I as well have an 07 with 16200 miles and have always ran the higest octane possible and my valves are clean and need no adjustment

Has anyone had a valve check performed and when the throttle bodies are removed, seeing a whole lot of gunk buildup on the top of the valves (side where the stem comes up?  I have 14,500 miles on my '07 and it is really, really gunky.  Is it caused by improper gas (octane rating) or additives?  I'm getting the head removed, cleaned,etc... will cost about $800 for the job from start to finish.
What are you getting for $800.00 ?

typical carbon deposits... not unusual but what kind of oil are you running? could be valve guide seals are getting a bit toasty and could need replaced..

on the upside... a bit of deposit indicates good oiling and guides (if not loose) should last a long time.. Unless you are either "smoking" or "using a lot of oil" nothing to really get excited about.. (and octane has nothing to do with this, detergents in fuel "could")

typical carbon deposits... not unusual but what kind of oil are you running?  could be valve guide seals are getting a bit toasty and could need replaced..  

on the upside... a bit of deposit indicates good oiling and guides (if not loose) should last a long time.. Unless you are either "smoking" or "using a lot of oil"  nothing to really get excited about.. (and octane has nothing to do with this, detergents in fuel "could")
thumb_up.gif

Back