Valentine 1 & GPS

poops

Registered
How have you V1 and GPS owners hardwired your radar/laser detectors and gps units to the Busa?

Thanks in advance...

poops

<!--EDIT|poops
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091583709 -->

I have a little GEKO GPS from Radio Shack and I bought some "Industrial Strength" VELCRO from Walmart, but have yet to install it. I plan to stick velcro to the back of the GEKO, and wrap a strip around the triple clamp on the right side. For now, I have been using two large doubled over rubberbands but don't recommend that for anybody with brains.

Thanks for the reply. Apoligies for not posing my question more clearly. What I meant to ask is how have you attached it to your battery or some other power source (ie. alternator)? I would hate to have to keep buying batteries to feed theses devices...

Thanks

there is a factory power supply behind the gauge cluster, you can tap right into it there. I'd also recommend something like the stem stand, but have seen all manner of other methods to attach accessories.
cool.gif

actually its a factory accessory plug, not sure where you'd get the actual plastic clip to mate up to it, but there is a pos/ground wire combo designed to run an accessory item already hardwired/fused in up there.
cool.gif

I have a V1 and use it on my Busa. What I did was remove the left hand side inner panel and used the direct wire power adaptor that comes with the V1 I found a key on power source and taped into it using the conector that came with the V1 the ground wire can go under any bolt that goes to the frame or figure out where the head light ground is and use it.I used a bolt in that area. The power adaptor has a little velcro patch on it I stuck it to the back side of the inner panel and ran my phone wire from there up to just above the guages and out. I can pull it out and hook to the detector or push it back down in there when not in use. You know you can use a regular house phone wire from the power adaptor to the detector it just plugs right in. Hope that helps. I dont have a GPS that I use on the bike yet.

Back