Using Race Take-Offs ???

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Didn't know where to post this...so I'll put it here...

Anyone have any experience on using takeoff "race" tires on the street. I bought a used set and my dealer (closer friend) recommended against using them on the street because of all the extreme heat cycles these tires go thru...and loss of tire oils. Maybe he's just trying to keep me safe..but take-offs are sure affordable with pleanty of tread in the centers (that where I run - not a knee dragger). Opinions???

I ran takeoff's until I ran'em down. Never had a problem. You're correct on the price - very reasonable. Since I'm in KS, the closest I get to knee draggin' is a cloverleaf on the highway!
laugh.gif

(omslaw @ Apr. 12 2007,08:13) I ran takeoff's until I ran'em down.  Never had a problem.  You're correct on the price - very reasonable.   Since I'm in KS, the closest I get to knee draggin' is a cloverleaf on the highway!  
laugh.gif
Not true Omar. You know you hit your knees in praise and adoration when you saw Hal's trailer.

Hell, I just saw pictures and I am drooling still.

Don

I run them all the time.

Normally they are my take off, lol.

I get new tires for track days and after a weekend at the track, they become my street tires.

When using take offs on the street, make sure you allow ample warm up time.

Back