US military action in Syria will soon happen

Yep and same can be said of Ruby Ridge, in today's political environment I think things would get out of control quickly.

As long as other citizens sit back and watch that would happen same as Waco.
The entire country sat back and watched the govt kill everyone live on tv. Had armed citizens of Texas gone to their aid it would have been different. That is not a justification of what Koresh may or may not have done only to point out there was a better way. The guy jogged DAILY outside the compound but yet they chose to attack the compound with over 100 agents. Oh well long old story we all know the end to....

Point is 'United we Stand, Divided we Fall'.
There are more armed citizens than armed troops.

I am still trying to figure out why no one went to Jail for murdering those two kids and their mother. Also trying to figure out when it became okay to incinerate 80+ people and no one pay a penalty.

because the govt authorized the action and then covered up whatever it was. Then no one had the balls to take up the fight since it was the "bad guys" that got taken out. If they did it to a church full of school kids it would probably have turned out different and someone, like maybe a small handful and certainly not the leadership would be made examples of.

Anywho I digress from the original thread :whistle:

The only reason I can see us going into Syria is to blaze a cleaner path through to get into Iran. Iran is the real target for any action taken in Syria by the US military because the second we engage there, so will they and anyone that can't see that needs to take a step back or scroll out on the map to see it. Its almost as if Iran is supporting the Syrian leadership to see if they can provoke us into something. They have been trying in the gulf, why not fund this other side and see if they can draw us out.

One can hope we do not engage there with anything from the military. If you think the Iraq wars were expensive, just wait and see what happens if we go to war with Iran and the oil stops. $10-15/gal gas would be almost certainty and if they are nuclear as suspected it could dramatically change how we fight and what we use.

I'm all for supporting the folks that can help end the problems in Syria and stop the genocide happening there but I do not think the US military needs to get involved. There is no way to "win" that engagement.

Blanca made a good point. We "citizens" try to stand up and fight the government, were labeled a cult. I'm sure they would say its against the law to try to overthrow the government. I'm almost positive in the constitution it says to keep government at a handfull. How big are our hands :laugh: The point is, you try, you die, or you end up in jail. We F'd up long ago and now we can't do shat about it. :deadhorse:

Things are immenent...

I'm still trying to figure why the use of Chem weapons will all of the sudden draw intl response when we have sat back and watched for two yrs the regime kill 50,000 with conventional weapons? Is dying from Sarin gas that much worse than being blown apart by a bomb?

Things are immenent...

I'm still trying to figure why the use of Chem weapons will all of the sudden draw intl response when we have sat back and watched for two yrs the regime kill 50,000 with conventional weapons? Is dying from Sarin gas that much worse than being blown apart by a bomb?

Apparently the Sarin gas is stored in a way that while deadly is not "weaponized" This move by the govt there is actually "weaponizing" it and the concerns are two fold. First Sarin is nasty shid, one airborne will kill more than intended and could perhaps get blown across boarders. Second and the political angle, once the gas is weaponized they are worried a few of them might "go missing" to the terrorists. Hammas or al Quada or others would, I'm sure, *LOVE* to get their hands on something like that. They could use one in Israel and quickly do what weeks of bombings there didnt do, kill tons of people. Imagine a few sarin rockets launched at a major US city from some yacht harbored near by.... devastating would be a fairly inaccurate description :banghead:.

and I'll add, sadly that I do not believe if we get involved it is in anyway to help save the lives of locals. If this went on for another 2yrs as purely conventional warfare I dont think we'd ever see a US military engagement. We would only be getting involved for the perceived threat that these sarin laced rockets present to our interests abroad and at home if they were to fall into the wrong hands. And that's politics I guess... :banghead:

Interesting thoughts and reasonable.
Either way no matter what the real truth is it seems we are going to be there militarily fairly soon.

I'm not sure how I'll feel when a family member dies from US collateral damage. :(

Question:

Since we support the rebel cause what will be our reaction should the opposition gain control of said chem weapons and use them against the regime?

You will feel sadness and dread, lucky you haven't lost anyone there yet. I am not so sure this aint a wag the dog scenario. We should have taken these weapons out with airstrikes already. I can see a case for a no fly zone, the rebels seem to hold their own pretty well on the ground but get pummeled by the Migs. Either way, its Europes problem, they are closer and have vital interest there, thought the same with Libya and Egypt, why the hell are we involved there anyway, Europe and Asia have the most to lose in the ME.

Interesting thoughts and reasonable.
Either way no matter what the real truth is it seems we are going to be there militarily fairly soon.

I'm not sure how I'll feel when a family member dies from US collateral damage. :(

I have to introduce myself prior to getting to the meat of my reply.

My name is Omar I. Al Shammari Al Aztara.

I am a Telecommunications/Electronic/Systems Engineer and formerly in the Employ of the US Army on a base in Doha, Qatar known as ASG QA Camp As Sayliyah. Most of the operations that have taken place in the Arab region were planned and executed with US assets on this (CIA) Base.

Beirut is where I call home these days. Being that this city is only 1.5 hours away by car to Damascus, Syria, I felt it necessary to register to comment instead of occasionally browsing for years as a lurker without a login. This at the risk of my own safety due to the broad powers allowed for within the "Patriot Act" enacted during GWB's tenure as president.

Syria is like any other country going through the growing pains of a nation coming to terms with Autonomy but being pulled in two directions by the East and the West. It is no secret that Qatari Mercenaries in the Employ of the US Army are very active in the rebellion and are wholeheartedly responsible for the extended resistance to the pro Assad forces representing the government of that country. The equipment being used there is supplied by the APS 5 program on the Army Depot known as CAS for short. The base is a site staffed by uncleared non-US and non-Host nation people who do everything from signals interception to participation in all out Offensive operations in this region. The Killing of Ghaddafi, the dethroning of Mubarak and the ongoing attempts to wrest control of Syria from the clutches of President Assad are all done from the warehouses on that base. Let's not get into all the warehouse and sand covered armament placed there directed at Iran.

Special operations forces in civvies with or without beards are there executing the long arm of US foreign policy. As a person of my former position and without any alliance to anything other than a salary formerly in the deep six figures, I was privileged to be in on many conferences that covered open source information and sent it up to the Regional CAOC, NMCC and Langley.

Having covered all of that, if anyone here really wants to believe that the US isn't already deep in Syria they are welcome to put the blinders on and tune out of this thread.

My problem with the ongoing state of affairs in this "obvious to anyone in this region" project is that the US demands the transparency of any working person or non-working person drawing an income from a US enterprise. Why can't we demand transparency from the US Government when they push a foreign policy that has stripped away financial privacy from most Americans whether they are expats or good domestic workers and residents?

Why cause the collateral killing of innocent mothers and fathers, sons and daughters for the gain of a territory with no major political revenue beside that of implanting a western friendly open market that will buy a ton of worthless stuff ready to be sold there even more? The objective is not the land or the ouster of the regime. The end is the removal of a people's identity and replacement with the white picket fence and the whole nine yards with the Jones' as your neighbors with a better car and a bigger line of credit to force them into eternal labor.

Sir Laurence of Arabia got the ball rolling in anticipation of the energy vacuum in the west by going to the Arab lands and showing off his cool stuff as well as his psy-ops ability to draw the lines in the sand. Thus effectively dividing and conquering the borderless Arab lands that subsisted on Camel transported trade goods that brought you coffee from Ethiopia via Yemen across north Africa, Ancient Turkey and across into the markets of Europe and the land mass of the Americas.

Hernan Cortez divided and conquered an empire in the very same way some 480 years ago shortly after landing in the fishing village ow known as Veracruz, Mexico.

I remember reciting the pledge of allegiance when going to grade school as a boy in the Los Angeles area. It said: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands (as) one nation under God. Indivisible, with liberty and Justice for all.

Why then do we practice everything but that outside the borders of the USA? Why divide? Why conquer? Why remove Liberty? Why practice Injustice for all? Why kill Republics and cultivate Totalitarian Dictatorships in their wake? Why did they go to Afghanistan only after hitting Iraq and whacking Saddam Hussein some years after. Why continue the ongoing hostilities with the actually very peace loving Persians in Iran who practice a faith that requires the greeting "Peace be upon you" to be stated when encountering strangers at rest or walking? These people are generally peaceful as are the pacified Americans sitting at home in front of their giant HDTV Flat-screens that they bought on credit usually charging above 14% interest? These pacified Americans depend on Selective Seratonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors and other types of anti-depressant drugs just to remain productive in their despised existence as slaves to a system that would abandon them out in the world just like it abandoned it's factory workers to the inner city streets that they grew weary of as youths.

Sorry for the rant.. I just happen to think of the big picture when the seed of discord is planted in my mind. I suppose it is very much like the cultivation of enemies that the US practices everyday around the world.

Signed,
A loyal Patriot to the Constitution of the United States. Aka Omar "My American Friends call me Shamrock" Al Shammari

Omar thank you in many ways. Bout time you spoke up :laugh:

I've done business with Camp As Sayliyah.

Omar if you feel enslaved in the US stay over where you are at, don't come back to the US. The Persian people are very nice, as a group probably the nicest I met from that part of the world, their rulers are another story. Although most sects of the religion of peace preaches and practices the peace be upon you philosophy, some powerful (numerously small but very powerful) sects don't, Wahhabis in particular. I agree the US needs to pull out of the ME completely and let others worry about the genocide that is happening and will increase when we do, we have no direct national interest there. I think our posture needs to change from trying to manage an an unmanageable situation to one of punitive all out national and cultural devastation as our response to any attacks on Americans or the US itself.Welcome to the board and be safe in your travels.

Back