As a free man do you have the right to fight anywhere you want?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
If its not against the USA or involved in killing Americans can you as a free person pack up and go fight for a particular cause in another country without fear of being arrested here? This is a curious aspect?

American who fought with Al Qaeda against Syria's Assad arrested in Virginia | Fox News

Is an RPG a weapon of mass destruction?
Weapon of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems like it would fall into the definition above but is it really a WMD?

Our own govt is now publicly considering supporting and most likely privately already supporting the very same people this individual was fighting with. Does this seem like a weak grasp from the long arm of the law or not? Would the charge of him using said rpg/WMD not have to include him using against American citizens? You fire an rpg in Syria against govt forces in a civil war alongside rebels your home countries govt is working with and then get arrested for it back home in USA?
So I go to cowabunga and kill a few bad guys in a local civil war and come home only to be arrested here?
What law did I break? What natl security did I threaten here? I can see if the cowabunga police wanted me but not the US ones?

Ops?

When you say "free" I assume your referring to the good ole USA land of the "free" and home of the brave. Well it turns out America as we know it is no longer "free" so to speak. We still have the constitution and Bill of rights etc. Etc. But our nation has more laws restrictions and penalties than the rest of the world "free" or not combined. So I'm sure somewhere in 1 of the many laws, restrictions, and fine print there is gonna be an issue with you running off with a terroristic network to kill people Americans or not :rulez:

I'd say since Al Qaeda is a declared terrorist organization, I'd say they might have legal cause, yes. Might be considered "aiding and abetting"....but it's a slippery slope...

The faction he wound up with is a labeled terrorist org yes.
But this is just one of many rebel groups our own govt is courting.
By free I mean as a man of sound mind and body should you be allowed to travel and fight in a foreign land without fear of US laws coming into play? Is US law absolute and global?

He took part in a foreign civil war?

Food for thought...

American Foreign Legion - Alternative History
We actively recruit foreigners, train them and send them off to fight foreign wars.
Why even after ten yrs they and their families become citizens.

So now we have one guy who goes there to fight and is arrested here for it.
Does this not seem hippo critical to anyone?

Back