US military action in Syria will soon happen

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Obama warns al-Assad against chemical weapons, declares 'the world is watching' - CNN.com

He's warned them before but this time there is credible evidence that shows things are closer to chemical weapons being used. What evidence is that you ask? Well simply because our govt says so that's why. US drones are already flying in Syria , mapping, plotting, planning and watching. A simple change in policy can and will soon immediately result in US missiles hitting strategic targets. The western media is touting evidence these chemical weapons are being mobilized in effort to be used upon their own people while other media around the world are noting the facilities that house these weapons are close to being overun by rebel forces and the Syrian govt is simply moving them to more secure facilities. But it seems our govts will to watch the Syrian civil war has come to and end and action is felt needed.

I listen to Obama and our leaders and wonder?
A Syrian jets bomb drops and kills say 100 people, well that's ok because it's a conventional weapon.
But a mortar lands in a street with sarin gas and kills 50 than omg they have crossed the line?
How is the method by which you kill you own people differentiated?

We the USA will be deeply involved in another Muslim civil war in a land far far away.
It's coming......bet.

The atrocities in Syria right now are heartbreaking, and while I see all the downsides to us getting involved, innocent people are dying every single day. It's a tough thing to just stand by and allow such things to happen...seems when the threat is starting to look beyond Syria and its own people, that's when other countries care.

Just an innocent question?

Why do we have to get involved and rescue the troubles in far away countries like Syria at huge expense?

Why do we have to do this while the Chinese and India are watching and improving their economies towards becoming global competitors and improving the lives of their own people instead?

We don't. It will slowwwwwwly sort itself out.
But it will not be the fast food drive thru result we seek.
Our defense industry is bored.

Tell me what the Strategic interest of the US is, first.
-Is it because of the closeness of Syria to our ally, Israel? Doubt it as they aren't directly threatened by this.
-Is it because of Oil? Nope, we don't get any from them

So, is it 'humamitarian"? Last time we did something not in the strategic interest of the US was Somalia...And we did not have the national will nor strategic interest to see it thru.

Or, was it Libya? And were did THAT get us?

Nope, I don't think we've crossed the rubicon to put ground forces at risk in Syria. I think the question should be based on the following answer "Is it worth the bodybags of our servicemen and women"?

Keith it's worth it to the powers that be to break down another Muslim nation and send it back to the Stone Age. We will target the infrastructure of the nation with laser guided bombs. Bridges, electrical plants, telecommunications and the like will be destroyed because 'the regime is using it'.
How quickly we forget the action plan in Iraq. Exact same thing. Forget about the fact the innocent people depend on it more so than the regime. Syria will soon be a pile of rubble thanks to our hands and afterward we will cut and run without and rebuilding efforts, same as Afg and Iraq. Sad thing is most folks after two decades of war against Muslim extremist will have no pity for the average Syrian caught up in it. This will all be an effort to make sure it takes another fifty years for Syria to recover and regain world status. Thousands of yrs of history and artifacts will soon be dust in the wind.

If it cant be cured with a nuke we should avoid involvement. Let the religion of peace sort itself out. Sell weapons to both sides. There is no vital national interest for the US there. Do you want these clowns in DC to send our kids into another theater of war when they cant even balance a budget. If they are so worried about chem weapons (WMD btw) they should just nuke the whole dam place.

To the Brits, please don't get involved until you start equipping your military and troops with the equipment they deserve, great kids, great fighters, great soldiers, neglected/ignored by their country, shame.

last time I checked we had our own problems right here, not on foreign soil, I really don’t think the Syrians want the kind of help we are going to give them, like Saiid said what good does it do for a country to blast it back to the stone age, where does that help the people of Syria, maybe it’s time we just left well enough alone, but I doubt that will happen.

its right here...tell them to come and collect it :firing:

I dont mean to start an argument here, but I always laugh at people who employ this rhetoric...if and when the government comes for your land, you're done...no closet of AKs and ARs is gonna save you if they decide its their land now, and sadly, armed resistance will only end up making the outcome worse for you. Thats the government we've voted for over the last 30 years.

That said, while I dont agree with the idea of the US playing world democracy police, I find it much more likely that we simply dont know the true motives for our involvement in the area, rather than there not being any motives. If I may don my conspiracy theorist hat for a moment, I tend to look at the close ties our government has with large corporations in the defense industry, in oil production, and in the business of rebuilding these nations...a select group of extremely powerful men stand to make billions of dollars from continued armed conflict in the region; from supplying BOTH sides of the conflict (go read up on the Iran Contra Affair if you dont know what I mean), to being able to negotiate better terms on foreign oil production, to being given lucrative contracts to rebuild and the inherent control over the nascent government which replaces the old, there's many obvious profit motives for having the military involved there; they just don't generally represent the interested of our citizenry as a whole.

Do I think its right to involve ourselves in foreign conflict? Not really. Are there benefits to our involvement? Most likely yes, though for whom is still an open question. Will we continue to see the US getting involved in more action? Almost certainly, as long as our government and our military suppliers are in bed together, there'll always be some new target to shoot that million dollar missile at.

I dont mean to start an argument here, but I always laugh at people who employ this rhetoric...if and when the government comes for your land, you're done...no closet of AKs and ARs is gonna save you if they decide its their land now, and sadly, armed resistance will only end up making the outcome worse for you. Thats the government we've voted for over the last 30 years.

As long as other citizens sit back and watch that would happen same as Waco.
The entire country sat back and watched the govt kill everyone live on tv. Had armed citizens of Texas gone to their aid it would have been different. That is not a justification of what Koresh may or may not have done only to point out there was a better way. The guy jogged DAILY outside the compound but yet they chose to attack the compound with over 100 agents. Oh well long old story we all know the end to....

Point is 'United we Stand, Divided we Fall'.
There are more armed citizens than armed troops.

Back