UPS Delivery ...Scorpio SR-i900

tinmann840

Registered
A while back I sold my Scorpio SR-i500 to help fund my bike rebuild. It was a sad day. I've been trolling the forums and Ebay ever since hoping to find a good used one cheap. Well 2 weeks ago on "The Bay" I see a Scorpio SR-i500 for a starting price of $99.00 and a Buy now price of $160.00 I decide to wait. With under 10 minutes no bid and I but in a bid of $115.00. Under a minute there is a number of bids , the highest $170.00. He could have bought it for $160.00. Two days later the same item is listed again . Same description, seller and everything. I msg him and ask him what's going on. Didn't I just bid on this item and loose? He tells me the winner claims he bid $170.00 by mistake and doesn't want to pay and I can make him an offer and if he likes it he'll sell it for that amount
I say what the hell and buy a new SR-i900 NEW from another seller for $314.00 shipped.....Now Pics

DSCN0502.JPG

Now I can focus on 84mm Pistons,Ported and polished heads and already bored block. But that's a month or two down the road.

I have this on my 2008
thumb_up.gif

You will love it,Look in manual you can even change sensitivity by the remote.
Dont do like i did leave your remote in the house and turn key on
laugh.gif

It was pretty easy. You find a good location to place it , route the wires where they'll be out of the and not cluttered. The kit come with Velcro pads for each piece. You have the main module, the RF antenna, perimeter sensor, Anti Hijack module, main harness, accessory harness (for Perimeter sensor and Anti-Hijack features) and a universal connector. I cut the 2 plastic brackets that the tool kit usually sits between down to make more room in the compartment to accommodate the main unit. I then attached the Universal connector. The kit comes with 4 T-tap connectors. Locate the turn signal wire and attach one on each. Then attach one on the tail light which is the brown wire coming out of your factory wiring harness and one to the ground wire which is the black wire. The Universal connector has four wires. Two Grey, one Brown and one Black. Plug the Grey wires into the tee connector for the turn signals, the brown into the brown tail light wire and the black into the black ground wire.
Now having placed all the components where you plan to have them with Velcro, plug the main harness and accessory harness into the main unit. Connect the main harness to the universal connector, plug the perimeter sensor into the accessory harness route the antenna on the inside of the rear cowl out of the way, route the power cable along the bottom part of your sub frame leading to the battery and connect it to power. You'll be rewarded with a series of beeps and flashes telling you the system is working.
Note ... It's best to charge the remote for several hours before installing the system. And if you turn on the perimeter sensor and walk by the bike without it on you you will trigger the alarm. First it will chirp to warn you but if you say in proximity of the bike without the remote it will trigger the alarm and it's quite loud.
The one feature I really like about the SR-i900 is the RF antenna that will arm the system as soon as you take the key out of the ignition and disarm it as soon as you put the key in and turn it to the on position. You can still manually arm and disarm the system if you please but as long as you have the remote on your person there is no need to. The RF unit does it for you. How many of us have armed the system and forgot, got on the bike and the alarm went off. Not any longer, as long as you have the remote on you and it's properly charged you don't have that worry any longer.
There is a bike specific connector kit available for $19.00 plus shipping but it's like giving money away. The universal is so easy to use you don't need it. Beside even if you buy the Bike Specific wiring connector you still have to splice into the turn signal wires as I described. It only saves you the 5 minutes it takes to connect the T-tap connectors to the tail light and ground wires.

This is a T-tap connector. Clamp it over the wire and plug into it $20.00 plus saved and the kit comes with four.

951_m.jpg

Skip the clamps...hard wire.

Oh, and don't ya hate when an ebay seller contacts you with a "second chance"...The Spud thinks, "What happened, you outbid me expecting be to up you, and I quit
rock.gif
?"....
coolold.gif
...Jerks....

Back