Update on GrumpyJohns  Diner

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
You people amaze me!! (and rock!) I apologize for the long post but there is a lot to say..

Busa Bash food consumption was amazing... Thursday night, we are worried about tons of left overs (little did we know)...

By Saturday evening we were pretty much out of food completely (as seen at the grills) We did miss one food donation and it makes me sad. That donation of food came from Solarback...

I hope no one beats me up for this but he brought (and we missed it) pork tenderloins that by no other terms are amazingly good!

Sunday during final clean up, we came across a cooler and opened it.. Inside was a substantial amount of pricey "Stuffed/marinated Pork Tenderloins" As we had no one to cook or eat, we did hand out what we could to the people that were still around.. (Solarback, I NEED YOUR PP addy as I have collected a some $$ with your name on it)

As an "informal accounting" of food used: *are approximate from what I could see and certainly do not include everything consumed)

60lbs of assorted Beef
30lbs of assorted Chicken
20lbs ? or more of braut burgers
40lbs of salads
20lbs of chicken wings
20lbs + of cheese
untold cases of water/softdrinks

I was amazed at the level donations and humbled by such generosity. A number of these came from people that did not even attend and did so for those that could.. We covered the vast majority of costs because of these donations...

I can say that costs were in excess of $1000 and because of this, we (meaning food suppliers) are going to try and organize better so that everyone can be heard and the menu is easier to manage..

I expect fall bash to be much more conservative on attendance (hey but who knows!)

I am going to put a page up that will allow people to voice what they liked/disliked/would like to see etc... (any input would be MOST APPRECIATED!)

Special thanks to MC Mustang for dealing with money... I know it is stressful
More thanks to the crew that built the kitchen area Gixerhp ,Mrs Gixerhp, DNGrumpy, MrsGrumpy as without their efforts to haul the stoves, tables, supplies and other goodies, we would all be eating at McD's..

Hooken brought bratburgers (I think this is a great tradition myself) and were fantastic!

So anyway, I know that there are a lot of others that were directly involved and I just wanted to touch on a few of the people that were so instrumental in this food fest..

We are in planning stages already for Fall Bash and will post up as soon as we figure out how to better serve the members that made this so fun and worthwhile!!

Stay tuned!!

Bogus,

For me I can say that everything went well, I think next time some members would like to offset what the veterans bring and contribute where possible. Definitely a "mster"thread or list for what is being gathered will help the efforts, as for me I'm just happy to do what I can when I can, you guys can count on me for anything, just say the word you all did a fantastic job
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Ok one more thing...no one really knew what the expectation of chow was ( as in what time) maybe make in known that there is a "set" dinner time? This way riders can come and go but still know ehen chow time is, besides, knowing the time will ensure to get most of the people there, and a family that eats together...
bowdown.gif

Good thought Angel.

Randy, the food was great. I dont want to name anyone for fear of forgetting someone, but Dave and John, and you, and oh my the food was great.
bowdown.gif
Thank you to everyone that made this possible, and as a cook, I understand what it takes to make this happen.
beerchug.gif

man it was out of this world food was awesome and you know i agree with lycan kind of have a 2 hour time but you know leave it out and when it is gone it is gone but amazing guys

Great food and well worth the money donated. Thank you.

Yes we are working on "real hours" and the reason being is that we end up putting in 5 or more hours trying to make sure everyone is fed.. (I think I speak for all involved, we get great satisfaction out of people enjoying the chow) But it would be nice if we could make a set time so that our impromptu staff could get a few more hours of ride time...(greedy bastids
rofl.gif
)

So what we are working on..

food choices, hours for food, donations (food and $$) will all be part of a questionnaire...

MORE INPUT PLEASE....
smile.gif

Yes we are working on "real hours" and the reason being is that we end up putting in 5 or more hours trying to make sure everyone is fed.. (I think I speak for all involved, we get great satisfaction out of people enjoying the chow) But it would be nice if we could make a set time so that our impromptu staff could get a few more hours of ride time...(greedy bastids
rofl.gif
)

food choices, hours for food, donations (food and $$) will all be part of a questionnaire...

MORE INPUT PLEASE....
smile.gif
My hat off to all of you guys/gals who took the time to make sure everybody was fed. I did not attend but judging by the ammount of food you listed, sounds like you guys/gals had your hands full..
clap.gif
clap.gif
bowdown.gif

clap.gif

rofl.gif
)

MORE INPUT PLEASE....
smile.gif
Bogus you rock
super.gif

As I've mentioned previously....I don't know where or when (but it was shortly after acquiring my status here on the org), a good portion of the ride home I was thinking of how we could make this more organized and efficient. (Those that I work with on a daily basis hate this about me)
laugh.gif
IMO, I think that for the fall bash, it should be kept simple. Since there are only a few days. The Spring Bash (next year of course) could be set up with a few more choices.

My fall "menu" included the classic burgers, chicken, macaroni salad, and potato salad. The party night we could add in steaks just to give more choice. Dave makes a mean stuffed pepper too(can anyone tell that I'm hungry yet?). They take alot of prep time though. Since I won't be doing much riding in the fall, I don't mind prepping for our chefs.

I think that's it for now.....I may come up with more later.

Mr. B as in our PM's or emails I think we should ask that everyone bring a case of water, juice or something or $5(buys a case of water) and dump it all in one central spot to cover the "FREE" for whomever that everyone thinks was a good idea, We just need a large cooler to ice and stock the stuff in...

A list shall be started about a month before the event and kept near the top of the topics which will include who is bringing what, how much and how much it costs so everybody knows what is happening and spent by all involved.

We agreed that we may suggest a $$$ donation per meal that will cover the expense but by no means is mandatory (some have no money and others too much) and nobody needs to know whom actually paid what to who, it all goes to one place and gets straightened out in the end, at least that was the plan.

I do think the "pre order" is a good idea for the steaks so nobody misses out...

And lastly I brought to the Spring Bash and others list what they had so we actually have a total:

35 lbs of 8oz burgers
34 lbs of strip steaks
10 lbs of Sweet sausage
30 lbs of Chicken wings
36 lbs of the boneless Chicken breasts that I was grilling
10 lbs of hot dogs
5 lbs of american cheese
2 lbs of cheddar cheese
5 lbs of tortilla chips
20 lbs of pasta
1 gallon of BBQ sauce
1 Gallon of Mayonaise
Ketchup, 5 different kinds of mustard
Salsa
1 gallon of hot sauce
2 large cans of pasta sauce
2 cases of red bull
3 cases of water
2.5 lbs of shrimp
all the seasons and marinates
48 hamburger rolls, 24 hot dog rolls
All the foil pans, plates, utensils, napkins and cups that were used earlier in the week
Umm, alcohol
and some other stuff I am sure I forgot...

I still have a case of your Red Bull, should I save it for the fall bash?

You may have saved Randy a heart attack, I watched him swill like 4 cans in 3 minutes and then he just vanished!!! Do you drink it?

I agree the food was great, thanks to all that put everything together
clap.gif
yall did a awesome job. As mentioned a time to eat would help for sure, like you said when it gets closer put a list out there for us to see and the one that can help and bring stuff will pitch in and do our part. Anybody up for some crawfish (boiled)we can pinch some heads and suck some tails and of course drink HOOCH
drools.gif
. We may have to wait till the spring bash since the season will be out for the crawfish but just throwing it out there to see how many may like to partake. I have a burner and everything need to boil some up
thumb_up.gif
. Keep up the great job guys/gals
ThumbsUp.gif

Back