Unveiling of 1340 was a cover?

Luvanicebum

Registered
OK, before I get torn a new one, a friend of mine told me this weekend with a completely straight face, that the new Busa is indeed a 1500 and that the Vegas bikes were decoys. I said right away..."BS"!
But, this dude eats, sleeps and breathes bikes. I've never heard him say any BS.
So....what the fudge?
rock.gif

Well, considering that the one that was unveiled in Vegas is already making it to dealers, I would say that he is wrong. Unless they plan on releasing a new one for 09.

No idea, that's what I told him, but he seems to be very unrelenting in his statement. And, no Busa's have hit any dealers yet.

I couldnt see them putting out the '08 with a 1340 then coming with a 1500 in '09 simply for the fact that it would be a HUGE needless expense to retool the line for it. Not only that, but that's a lot of wasted R&D on the 1340 motor.

Maybe he meant that the busa engine can be a 1500 but right now they have it toned down to a 13somethin. Eventually they will come out with a 1400 and then 1500. The current engine configuration is suppose to be able to handle a 1500 bore easily.

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 23 2007,13:18) No idea, that's what I told him, but he seems to be very unrelenting in his statement. And, no Busa's have hit any dealers yet.
Actually yes they are at the dealers. They are not delivering them in force, but there are 2 dealers in Kentucky that have them on the floor. Not for sale, but they are on the floor on display.

I'd have to say your pal is mistaken. If this was a farce then Suzuki spent a whole lot of money on a huge cover up! I have heard of or seen at least 3 US Magazines and several from abroad who all released articles complete with displacement, Bore and stroke figures for the new motor. Suzuki's Global website and most of the dedicated country specific sites all have the same info on them. I'd say chances are pretty good it's going to be a 1340!
beerchug.gif

R&D ? Retooling what lines ? Its the same motor with a 2mm stroke increase . So far the bike has showed up at one dealer that we know of . I told that to a local dealer and they just didn't believe me . What have they done that any good engine builder with couple of grand couldn't surpass ? But its new and everyone is all ooohhhh, aaaahhhhh , I gotta have one . Ooooh Its got radial brakes , so what how many sport bikes have you seen since 06 that don't . Let me guess ...ONE the Busa .
It's got a 15% power increase over the previous years of Busas
ices_rofl.gif
Big frigging deal . What do you want a Motogp bike ? Is this a trick question ......YOUR D*MN RIGHT I DO . It will pull the new ZX-14 they say . I say it should crush EVERYTHING ...and it should take the competition 10 more years to build anything close . I hate to admit it but the 08 1340 cc Hayabusa actually had me looking at the Black ZX-14 this weekend . It was not as comfortable as the Hayabusa . But until they showed that 08 Busavard I would have never even considered looking at anything else .

I thought the Busa that was at the dealer was on loan from a custom builder that was given one, and let the dealer show it for like a week ?

(tinmann @ Jul. 23 2007,05:02) R&D ?   Retooling what lines ? Its the same motor with a 2mm stroke increase . So far the bike has showed up at one dealer that we know of . I told that to a local dealer and they just didn't believe me . What have they done that any good engine builder with couple of grand couldn't surpass ? But its new and everyone is all ooohhhh, aaaahhhhh , I gotta have one . Ooooh  Its got radial brakes , so what how many sport bikes have you seen since 06 that don't . Let me guess ...ONE the Busa .
ices_rofl.gif
 Big frigging deal . What do you want a Motogp bike ? Is this a trick question ......YOUR D*MN RIGHT I DO . It will pull the new ZX-14 they say . I say it should crush EVERYTHING ...and it should take the competition 10 more years to build anything close . I hate to admit it but the 08 1340 cc Hayabusa actually had me looking at the Black ZX-14 this weekend . It was not as comfortable as the Hayabusa . But until they showed that 08 Busavard I would have never even considered looking at anything else .
If you really want a ZX14, then buy one.

(tinmann @ Jul. 23 2007,14:02) Its the same motor with a 2mm stroke increase .
There are things in the new motor that you would have a real hard time reproducing for the money! Titanium Valves, new throttle bodies, stroker Crank, Shot peened Chromoly Rods, cylinder block vents, Slipper clutch etc. I for one am going to wait until I see how it actually performs before I get pissed.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 23 2007,16:23)
(tinmann @ Jul. 23 2007,05:02) R&D ? Retooling what lines ? Its the same motor with a 2mm stroke increase . So far the bike has showed up at one dealer that we know of . I told that to a local dealer and they just didn't believe me . What have they done that any good engine builder with couple of grand couldn't surpass ? But its new and everyone is all ooohhhh, aaaahhhhh , I gotta have one . Ooooh Its got radial brakes , so what how many sport bikes have you seen since 06 that don't . Let me guess ...ONE the Busa .
ices_rofl.gif
If you really want a ZX14, then buy one.
I can buy whatever the h*ll I want , thank you . If I wanted a CBR 1000rr guess what ....I can buy one and without your permission .

I dunno...I'm sure either way the thing is gonna run like space ship.
I can't imagine such an elaborate ploy as well, but he seemed so sure it was weird....ya know, those people who never BS about bikes.
They eat cereal in the morning out of piston bowls.

Your friend is full of ****!

Oh, and Tinmann...... remember this is "Hayabusa".org.........
You can get a friggin Moped for all people care.

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 23 2007,13:00) OK, before I get torn a new one, a friend of mine told me this weekend with a completely straight face, that the new Busa is indeed a 1500 and that the Vegas bikes were decoys.  I said right away..."BS"!
But, this dude eats, sleeps and breathes bikes.  I've never heard him say any BS.  
So....what the fudge?  
rock.gif
It should have been at LEAST a 1400 or bigger....but unfortunately it is a 1340. Its still gonna be a runner tho
wink.gif

I mean think about what it would take to pull it off.
Falsify the actual #'s even though the engine is actually 1499cc.
Print up a few new GSX-1300R stickers and that's it.
Still doesn't hold any validity though.

Back