Unsold cars around the world.

darth frosty

Registered
Unsold Cars Around the World | The Big Picture

And then people wonder how the hell can these companies LOSE 10's of Millions each day .... Look at all this inventory sitting that they were committed to. Suppliers don't care - you put in a contract you have to buy the material. You try to back out, you pay a penalty anyway. And then this **** just sits!! Who's wants to buy a damn brand new 2008 car in 2010 that's been sitting for a year or more ....

Sales of new cars in the UK have slumped to a 12-year-low and production of cars at Honda in Swindon has been halted for a unprecedented four-month period because of the collapse in global sales and represents the longest continuous halt in production at any UK car plant.

image014.jpg

Nissan has announced plans to cut its Sunderland workforce by 1,200. Thousands of unsold cars are stored around the factory’s test track
image001.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

The build-up of imported cars at the port of Newark, New Jersey

image007.jpg

Thousands of new cars are stored on the runway at the disused Upper Heyford airbase near Bicester, Oxfordshire, on December 18, 2008.
image013.jpg

New cars jam the dockside in the port of Valencia in Spain
image009.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

Imported cars stored at Sheerness open storage area awaiting delivery to dealers
image005.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

Earlier this week Jaguar Land Rover said 450 British jobs would go
image003.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

The open car storage areas in Corby , Northamptonshire, are reaching full capacity
image004.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

Newly imported cars fill the 150-acre site at the Toyota distribution centre in Long Beach , California
image006.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

Peugeot cars await shipment to Italian dealers at the port of Civitavecchia
image010.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

looks like some good deals for comsumers coming....

I know prices on cars have come down considerable...but with that kind of stock how are they not giving them away?

I disagree a little bit. Suppliers DO care if they don't stand a chance of getting PAID. I'd rather not sell it, than sell it and lose it!

I agree with you, by giving them away I meant at the cost they have in them to at least keep the revenue flowing.

People aren't worried about vacations, cars, furniture, or clothes. They're just trying to keep the house payments up and lights on

The bailout was about the UAW folks. Like I said..who can afford a new car?

There's the proof huh?

Great post. Unbelievable. We use to haul train loads out of San Bernardino. Not any more.

r8

all that money sitting there.... oh and lets just as a whole ( the United States of America) lets just buy all those Chevys and so on.....that are sitting in lots like that... Thats what that bailout is everyone on here has just purchased a new Chevy oh but you cant have it :moon:

People aren't worried about vacations, cars, furniture, or clothes. They're just trying to keep the house payments up and lights on

Amen to that!! I thought we might get to take a week for vacation, but since we did our taxes I don't see that taking place.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Incredible photographs...certainly an indicator of things to come...

I learned one thing from all of these pictures....even the professionals cant park them straight
:rofl:

you can't run your business with giving cars away, you got to to understand that you got to make profit to pay bills like any other businesses.
...and that is why so many dealerships are closing down!
i work for honda dealership and things are tough, our business is down about 50% vs. last year.
people coming to dealership with stupid offers for discount.

REMEBER PROFIT PAYS MY PAYCHECK AND OTHERS AT WORK LIKE ANYONE ELSE!

Back