anyone remember fireworks around the world in 2000?

red1100cc

Registered
i was thinking it was cool watching the fireworks and waiting for the world to shutdown or explode or what ever we were waiting for on new years eve/day 2000.
why don't they keep showin celebreation around the world. fireworks are cool.

happy new year all!

:beerchug:

I was in an airplane over Sebastian, FL; crossing back over the coast at 12,500 ft..it wa questionable whether the plane was going to fly or not when Y2K hit. At midnight, 6 of my best friends, and my wife and I, grabbed each other, backed up to the tailgate, and chunked the prettiest 8-way into the night. Fireworks were going off underneath us in freefall. I will never forget it. I was wearing a video camera but u can't see much except the exit, then a few streaks of light. 10 years ago about now. It is an unconfirmed unofficial world record; a lot of people jumped that night, but we could not find any larger formation anywhere.

wow thats really cool! i just sat around the house and watched tv.
so did ya look up to see if the plane went dead, after ya jumped?
jumping over fireworks. i just gotta type it again, WOW. i bet that was amazing!
:bowdown:
:beerchug:

We were still in the A/C when it struck midnight, but we were close enough to the tailgate that we were LEAVING if it quit :) Exited shortly afterwards.

Back