Undertail question...

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I have the hotbodies undertail and like it, but I think it's best if I get a new tail because the hotbodies tail lights are very weak... and I really don't want to get rear-ended because somebody couldn't see my brake lights.

Question: Will any new undertail I pick (mototek, top gun, etc) fit right on the bike with the same cutting I did on the tail to install the hotbodies one? I'm assuming it will, but curious. Thanks.

I can't see why it wouldnt.  its a possibility you may have to trim a little more off with a different undertail, but i cant see why it would be a problem.

I wonder if it woudl be possible to put brighter LEDs in the hotbodies, if you don't think they're bright enough. I have a hotbodies and don't have a problem with the LEDS not being bright enough.

I'd check into brighter LED's. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying another one.

I have same set up(hot body) and I was thinkin the same thing...problem with our set up is...it is not just big bulbs with a bunch of LEDs on it...it is integrated turn signals in there too...the question is, is there a bulb will fits in there and do all the functions comes with it?
Pashnit was offering the bright LED burb, once...and I couldn't bother ask him all this...
Cuz, I have to get rid of burb housing for the new burb(which I think, its glued on it, and his bulb was external use) and I wasn't sure, new bulb will work as our old burb or not...
rock.gif

PICT0526__Small_.jpg

Custom Dynamics has a nice set of integrated very bright leds but they are very expensive.

Click Here

dogeye3.gif

I am considering getting the non turn signal version of that light since my undertail has signals built in to it. My brake and running lights could be a little brigther.

Custoom Dynamics or Radiantz got a good review:

LED Review

The Auto Illumination site has something similar, but I don't know how bright they are. They definitely look like they are deeper and would take up more room than you have under your lens.

115648r_wm.jpg

vs.

direct_base_new_01.jpg

I think you can get the Custom Dynamics ones with or without the housing so you could possibley get it to fit under your lens.

hardwire.jpg

and

pigtail1.jpg

Make sense? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I am referring to 1157 type sockets.

(thebbbusa @ Apr. 06 2007,03:41) Custom Dynamics has a nice set of integrated very bright leds but they are very expensive.

Click Here

dogeye3.gif

I am considering getting the non turn signal version of that light since my undertail has signals built in to it.  My brake and running lights could be a little brigther.

Custoom Dynamics or Radiantz got a good review:

LED Review

The Auto Illumination site has something similar, but I don't know how bright they are.  They definitely look like they are deeper and would take up more room than you have under your lens.

115648r_wm.jpg

vs.

direct_base_new_01.jpg

I think you can get the Custom Dynamics ones with or without the housing so you could possibley get it to fit under your lens.

hardwire.jpg

and

pigtail1.jpg

Make sense?  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I am referring to 1157 type sockets.
Hey, thebb looks like this is the answer...I'm going to start look inside of my tail and figure it out what I need...thanks...
super.gif

Back