opinion on Undertail choice

Fireman6615

Registered
Hey all, I have a 2006 Limited White/Silver Busa and if you had a choice between a Hotbodies undertail or modifying the stock mudflap, which would you do? Considering the post I've read about the hotbodies being dim I cant decide which route to take. I was going to cut the stock mudflap off and then add back some turn signals on the tag bracket, but I ran across a good deal on a Hotbodies undertail that came off another 2006 Limited and they added small LED turn signals to the bottom. Any opinions would be helpful.

i had the same bike and had a hotbodies on it. fit great and looked kool but i wasnt fond of the small brake lights. if i were to do it again i would cut the stock flap and keep the big light. u can get a intigrated taillight with turnsignals in it to do what u need

From everything I've read everyone likes the look and fit but the lights suck in the day. Most end up doing some type of LED mod to make it brighter. I hate to get it, chop up my stock tray to fit and then can't see the rear in the day. I worry more about getting rear ended, already seen it happen.

I bought a hotbodies / who knows what you get off ebay undertail...the width of the cut out was more narrow than the tire and it rubbed on the front edge...the lights are nice...easy to wire in...after 1 summer the light housing came loose from the fiber glass. I had to epoxy them back in...the fiber glass had a bunch of pin holes...there is probably a higher quality part available

Hotbodies look great and fit great, but the guys I ride with always complained they couldn't see the lights at all in the day and barely at night. I've since gone back to a stock tail light with a trimmed flap.

Thanks so far guys, I've just about talked myself out of it too. That daytime light thing bothers me. I'm really leaning more to getting a used stock battery tray and chopping it and putting up my original in case I want to go back to stock.

From everything I've read everyone likes the look and fit but the lights suck in the day. Most end up doing some type of LED mod to make it brighter. I hate to get it, chop up my stock tray to fit and then can't see the rear in the day. I worry more about getting rear ended, already seen it happen.
Yep and that was with the factory LEDs. If you go with anything that removes the factory signals or tail light, you better get use to using hand signals especially during the day. I need to really start working on pumping the brakes to flash the brake light before braking. Of course they make a module for that too :laugh:

tail lights for the hotbodies are not that hard to make.. search for the trailier mod and you can get what you want.. i did this for under $15 until i found an original MOTOTEK undertail for my 06.

got a pait of the domed red light lenses, and glassed them in and on the other end i just added the stock fixture so that the factory taillights go on as designed in case i needed to chang a bulb or something like that...

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

tail lights for the hotbodies are not that hard to make.. search for the trailier mod and you can get what you want.. i did this for under $15 until i found an original MOTOTEK undertail for my 06.

got a pait of the domed red light lenses, and glassed them in and on the other end i just added the stock fixture so that the factory taillights go on as designed in case i needed to chang a bulb or something like that...

Now I like that set up, still uses all the stock lighting. What did you do for turn signals?

i just had a few relays (dual throw) to each light making them blink by disrupting the ground since i needed to close the (1-brake signal, 2-running light) not that hard to do. But you can just get the license plate bracket that has the mount for the small led turn signals.

Back