Undertail kit

Regular Joe

Registered
Just bought my black/gray 06 last week, and was looking around for an undertail kit. There's so many brands that look basically the same. I know what style I want, but do you guys have any suggestions on which brand? Or, who to stay away from?

I hear Texas Fairing is having some trouble = avoid
rock.gif

I'll hit you with a Top Gun pic on your color in a sec.

I just added a Hotbodies with no problems. Comes with led lights. Less than $200.

There is a group buy trying to get together for the motek from what I have heard it is one of the best..

moto teck undertail

Sorry ....repost ?!

<!--EDIT|Warputer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139867599 -->

Hayabusa_Feb.9_2006_006.jpg

hbr - very cool, that's the style I was looking for. Is that your bike? Did you put it on yourself? If so how easy was it? I've never done one before and would hate to mess up my brand new toy. Did it come with everything you needed? (all wires, long enough) Could I ask anymore questions in one post?

Thanks, it's a Top Gun I bought from StreetnTRack, the color match is GREAT. I thought it was fairly easy with a dremel to cut the plastic. Once you have the idea of what you are cutting goes quickly. It is the second one I've done though.

Everything came with it- lights already wired. Choice of clear or red lenses. What scared me was trying to get the bracket to hang the tag straight. With dual cans I wanted the tag in the center, not mounted on the side.

There is a good walk through on the site, that has a great picture of what to trim. I'll try to find it and get it posted here for you.

P1010034__Medium_.JPG

Joe- you doing any of the Bike Week fun?

Looking for "trim here" pic......................

This is perfect picture off how it should look AFTER the trim job............

fendercut.jpg

Im still waiting for mine to come in , so as soon as it does ill have pics but heres the undertail i just ordered , the guy sells them on ebay every few weeks. From what ive heard they are a great fit and paint matches perfectly , they are fiberglass and not abs tho.

6d_1_b.JPG

hbr- We have the same bike, only I have Micron slip ons that I just put on yesterday. When I went to pick them up from the dealership they were pushing hard for me to order from them. What's the advantage? I must pay more so they can make money right? Would you suggest Ordering strait from the company? Also, when the dealership looked up the Top Gun they could only find colored lenses. You say the site gives you the option?

I also forgot to mention the one off ebay requires no cutting , it replaces the entire lower tail , It has a built in cargo box and battery portion on it. Also really cheap. Airtech makes a nice one also isnt to expensive its what i was origionally going to get. it puts the taillight inward like a mouth looking mount , turn the light upside down so the reflector his hidden inside the tail part of the bike..... by the way the ebay item number for the tail is Item number: 4611509509 If you want to take a look or save the sellers name , he puts a few on every few weeks.

<!--EDIT|camaro69_4542003
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140258959 -->

and yes, I may be partaking in some Bike Week fun.  My work schedule is screwy, so we'll see.  You going to make it down?
Sorry bud- just got back in town today.

I don't believe I would buy much from my dealer, yours may be different. Try streetntrack, a board sponsor here, good people to work with. Got my Top gun from them and it came with both sets of lenses (red & clear)

I will be checking in at the Plaza Hotel on Wednesday March 8th. HID headlight w/ a yellow high beam on the bike pictured above. Gonna hit practice days and the races. The 711, Hess and the Wreck. PM and I'll hit you with my cell #.

Back