Ultra HP builds

trefling

Registered
I"m not looking to build anything like this but have been curious what guys are using for these 600-700 rwhp builds you seen on youtube and other forums.

I"m assuming many use methanol for the really big boosted bikes.

But what about the heads? Are they running custom solid blocks since methanol does not need a radiator?

the ARP 1/2 studs hold down to 95lbs to tq but do you think they are having the head & block o-ringed and copper gasket? I've had o-ringed heads done before on other cars but with the Busa the head is not perfectly round where the gasket meets.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I just think it's incredible to get 700rwhp out of a 1.3 liter engine. That's more power that some guys can achieve on 5.0 liters or bigger.

Thanks

I"m not looking to build anything like this but have been curious what guys are using for these 600-700 rwhp builds you seen on youtube and other forums.

I"m assuming many use methanol for the really big boosted bikes.

But what about the heads? Are they running custom solid blocks since methanol does not need a radiator?

the ARP 1/2 studs hold down to 95lbs to tq but do you think they are having the head & block o-ringed and copper gasket? I've had o-ringed heads done before on other cars but with the Busa the head is not perfectly round where the gasket meets.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I just think it's incredible to get 700rwhp out of a 1.3 liter engine. That's more power that some guys can achieve on 5.0 liters or bigger.

Thanks

1/2 studs, stock head, stock cylinder, stock cams, regular head gasket, C16, Ultra Kit, 38 pounds boost, 602 RWHP/327 ft-lbs. torque, street bike, daily driver . . .:laugh:

blueturborightside1.jpg

Vids or it didn't happen, lol. Just messing with you bro, sweet bike

how long have you ran that head gasket? I think i blew a head gasket and it was from Cometic.. I was curious if the stock head gasket could handle that amount of boost and for how long?

how long have you ran that head gasket? I think i blew a head gasket and it was from Cometic.. I was curious if the stock head gasket could handle that amount of boost and for how long?

I have run that head gasket for over 5,000 miles on this kit. The integrity of the head gasket has more to do with the studs and the tune . . . detonation is a big cause of gasket failure, as are crappy studs. It is also wise to check the straightness of both the cylinder and head surface, and if you need to make any cuts, have both surfaces ground, and not fly cut.

Build your foundation strong, and your house will stand . . .:rulez:

Frank I went back to ONLY using OEM headgaskets on big boost bikes even with suface grinding done by millieum and head, the after maket leaked after 30psi oem sealed good

that is impressive...it seems that in a few different turbo information books that the author references a hayabusa engine and a toyota supra engine...is there machine work on the on the crank + rods? carrillo?

Frank I went back to ONLY using OEM headgaskets on big boost bikes even with suface grinding done by millieum and head, the after maket leaked after 30psi oem sealed good

Pushed over 40 psi with the Cometics and no problems, on the other hand the Suzuki gasket seems to float a little, due to the silicone coating. Once it moves around a little it will begin to leak, but if they are working good for you, stick with what works, I have not had much luck with the factory ones.

Richard

I had this problem on a bored out ticotti 3 wheeler so I machined an oring and milled off another .05 on the head never again had any problems so what I am getting at is can orings be used on the hayabusa heads? machining is no big deal at all anyone post a picture of the two surfaces?

Thanks for the info, i fired my bike up tonight to see if i was still getting the same smoke problem as i did the other day. I had a little bit of smoke but not near as bad.. It is possible that the thermostat has failed but im still guessing i have a head gasket problem.

i am using what i am assuming are good studs (APE pro studs).

When i open it up to check the gasket and i find a leak, then ya i will have me head and block inspected and possibly ground if need be.

Frank that is a sick bike. But I"m talking about something sicker.

There are a bunch of 600rwhp bikes Richard and Frank are putting out but what about some really stupid s*it? I know this has no practical purpose on the street or even the strip but there are a few guys out there that dump crazy cash on dyno queens. Sometimes it's more the sport of seeing what something will generate before it simply blows up.

I've seen 1/2" ARP L19's, even 625 + custom age alloy ARP's that torque down to 165lbs. If the rods and wosners are holding up to 600+ I'd really like to know how far it would be before something goes aside from a head gasket.

oring and receiver grooves, copper gasket. 60+ pounds of boost. Maybe I"m crazy but if you could keep the head down you could come close to 1000rwhp on 60-70lbs of boost with Methanol. Little Indy cars have stupid small engines with tons of HP.

Basically I'd like to know what the next step will be pushing the limit beyond the 600hp motors. Frank's bike is sick but 600 rwhp can only be maybe used with huge slicks and dyno creed. I think the busa has more, especially with a billet block and 1/2" ARP L19's
(no that don't make these but they will for about $1,800

Please don't flame me for something that we all know will never be applied for the street, this is basically dyno territory only. The engineering still amazes me about the Busa and I think the engine still has more to prove and records to break.

above 700 is a very tough area. The turbo's out there are really going way beyond their sweet spot at really hi boost levels.
Methanol is an option but there's very very few guys running it. You can count them on your fingers. Sure billet block is an option to help keep things together but you're hitting alot of limitations at really high hp levels.

Frank, you look to be about 4 inches stretched. How did you get the rear level? What is the length of the links?

Frank, you look to be about 4 inches stretched. How did you get the rear level? What is the length of the links?

This bike has a 6" over Trac Dynamics polished arm . . . also, 6" over Air Tech custom tail. I use fully adjustable SS links to level the bike . . .

blueturborightfrontangle.jpg

blueturboleft.jpg

Back