Need help please

trefling

Registered
My turbo busa blew a head gasket at 15psi on the dyno. After many hours I got the head off, new gasket on and some new ARP studs (not APE)

After starting it back up I noticed some oil coming out of the starter cover. So i took off the entire starter cover and noticed some black chunky debris. I'm pretty sure it was chewed up pieces of the cam chain guides. I guess I put them in wrong and they got in contact with a gear somewhere.

I"m afraid of trying to fix it myself again after the bone head move I just pulled and I"m not sure how bad or where those pieces ended up. I can take the head off again and look for myself. I"m pretty sure the plastic debris didn't get up into any bearing as the oil filter would have caught it.

Can anyone recommend a good engine builder in the midwest? I"m willing to drive the distance just about anywhere and I DO NOT want to go to Smithers Customs for personal reasons.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also I noticed when the heads came off the JE turbo pistons I have started to crack on the thinnest parts of the piston edges near where the cuts are for the valves. I have heard some horror stories about the JE's failing at higher boost and how most turbo guys no prefer the wossners.

I"ve worked with Frank at Powerhouse and he was very cool to deal with, but it's about 20 hours away from me so looking for someone a little closer.

Thanks!

Back