Ugly backrest...updated pics

KvHotDog4

Registered
So I finally took the time to level the luggage rack and I have just got it back from powdercoating and I have to say it does look better but I am still not a fan of backrest on any bike especially sport bikes, however, it will serve a great purpose and I am sure the misses will enjoy it during our trip to Panama for Thunder on the Beach. Yeah whipped I know. . . . . . .its well worth it :whistle:

Here is the first thread to fill in anybody who wants to see it before paint.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...cs/130022-its-ugly-but-misses-will-enjoy.html

IMGP2703.jpg

IMGP2707.jpg

IMGP2708.jpg

IMGP2709.jpg

IMGP2710.jpg

Looks good. It looks like it will definitely serve the purpose. Great job.:thumbsup:

Looking good, and you got a nice spot for a bag. Good work. You gave me some ideas. I 'll have to see what kind of metal we have laying around at work. :thumbsup:

So I finally took the time to level the luggage rack and I have just got it back from powdercoating and I have to say it does look better but I am still not a fan of backrest on any bike especially sport bikes, however, it will serve a great purpose and I am sure the misses will enjoy it during our trip to Panama for Thunder on the Beach. Yeah whipped I know. . . . . . .its well worth it :whistle:

Here is the first thread to fill in anybody who wants to see it before paint.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...cs/130022-its-ugly-but-misses-will-enjoy.html

you can take that one off your bike take pictures ( for you memories ) and sell it to me

Last edited:
:thumbsup: I made one for my Busa and believe me, You will enjoy it. It's sure nice to be able to carry your stuff with you. Looks good. How did you make the bends in the metal. We heated mine with a torch and bent it around a brake rotor.

:thumbsup: I made one for my Busa and believe me, You will enjoy it. It's sure nice to be able to carry your stuff with you. Looks good. How did you make the bends in the metal. We heated mine with a torch and bent it around a brake rotor.

The bends that go under the seat to mount to the frame I bent with an iron worker nice and easy just push a pedal lol. For the luggage rack I made a jig, I tac welded four pieces of 1" round stock in the pattern I thought would look good I think 10" wide in the rear and 8" in the front and I think it was 8" front to back. Then I tacked the end of the metal to be bent to the table in the center of the rear then heated and bent arount the 1" stock and welded together at the ends.

Its all steel, aluminum would have been nice but it would not have been free, it probably weighs around 5 lbs. The luggage rack and back rest bars are made from hydraulic line. (hollow, easy to bend but very strong I can sit on the luggage rack I am 185 lbs )

Back