KvHotDog4's Backrest initial review

Schexy1

Registered
I received my backrest last week. First impressions were very good. The piece looked well constructed. The welds look really good, no burrs or twisting and the coating is flawless. Very good Installation instructions accompanied the backrest.

The mounting points lined up perfectly. Usually there is some tweaking involved with installing parts, that was not the case with this part. After installing the backrest, the seat went on without any problems.

The material used seems very stout. I was not able to get any flexing by pushing or pulling on the rack. I was even able to lift the back tire off the ground by lifting on the rack. I am not sure what the weight capacity is, but I would feel comfortable strapping down anything that could fit on it.

My main passenger, my teenage son, says the backrest feels comfortable and it helps with his fear of falling off the back. Unfortunately, the weather and my free time are not cooperating with each other, so I haven’t been able to take a good long ride yet.

So far I can say the back rest is a winner and I am glad I got one.:thumbsup:
Pics and update will come as I get them.

I can't put up any pics until I get home tonight. Websense doesn't like any of the pic hosting site.:banghead:

Did you lose your mind over the last three days? DID YOU FORGET EVERYTHING WE HAVE TAUGHT YOU :banghead: How dare you post something like this without pictures!!! :tantrum:

:worthless: :rulez:

NO more excusses, hera are a few shots.
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I will post some more later

That does look good, may have to break down and get one. Will quieten the complaints of "my back hurts".
I can relate though, the backpacks riding with me now have the same issue I do.. Sadly, they're not as young as they used to be.

Back