Seats with backrests.

houstonbussa

Registered
Early in my ownership of Mona I saw something that I said "Naw... that's not me...." But now I'm wishing I had pulled that trigger when I saw it.. Becuase now... I CAN'T FIND IT!!!

Ok.. You know on some Harleys and other cruiser style bikes, they have a backrest that you insert in to the seat.. So if you're local riding and don't want it, you just pull the backrest out. Well one time I had a link to such a seat for the busa.. both front and rear seats. Now, I can't find them. Well I've seen some "permanent" solutions for the rear seats and some similar solutions to the front seats.
This is all I have found for the front seat. They have them for Gen I which is what I'd be getting)
suzuki-1.png

suzuki-sport-354

But what I saw had this style of seat on both front and back passenger seats.
NorthCascadeHiwayLooponHayabusa2010010.jpg

Am I just smoking some bad stuff and need to go slap my supplier? haha:laugh: Any help would be great.

The rear set with the backrest is a Corbin. The front seat with the backrest is a Tobin, or whatever they are called now.

There is a member here that makes the back rest for the passenger seat. Looks good and sturdy too.

i believe it is k-dog who makes them and they look real good. thought of picking one up myself but not 'til next spring.

It looks like for the exact look I'm wanting I may have to get get something fabricated. What I want will be two backrest that look the same that will disconnect for my normal riding and only be used for long hauls. I see them style of connection on Harleys where when you pull them out, there's a slit in the seat where you insert the backrest. Like stated above, it won't be 'til next spring, but was hoping to start my pricing so I could start buying stuff here and there and be working on her through our very short winter.

Back