UFC 63: HUGHES vs. PENN

BJ is one flexible dude! I don't think he should have lost that decision to GSP.

I like Matt, but part of me wants BJ to win as it would probably be a refreshing change.

I believe matt underestimated penn the first time when he moved up weight classes. I think he thought he couldn't match matts power and skill and got caught. I don't think he will make that mistake again

I think matt will dominate penn.

I'm with Juggler- I think it would be a good change and I'm looking forward to it. Who's having a UFC party that day?

I will be having a party but not at my place. (no digital cable)

but at my buddies place. We have one everytime were both in town for the fight.

Im putn my money on Hughes...I saw the Hughes/Gracie fight, and I believed Hoyce has the best ground game.....till I saw Matt put on a clinic with Gracie
sad.gif
Matt has increased his power, his endurance, and his skill in stand-up and grappling. He IS the single most dominant fighter in his weightclass. Penn is gonna scrape through a few minutes Im sure because he is a great fighter, but Hughes will just run all over him and end it in the first round, Im certain.

Hell, I'm a pretty big boy-but even at my biggest (245lbs, 6'7") I would never have went after Matt Hughes. Unless I wanted to have bones broken.

Dont mean to jack, but I have lost track of this thing. Has Shamrock and Ortiz had their go at it again..again?

I don't think so. I think their final battle is later this month.

I was disappointed in Shamrock's last outing. With all the submission stuff he knows, I don't know why he would want to try and bang with Ortiz. I saw Shamrock fight on Pride against Frye, and he wasn't doing much with his ground game.

if you're referring to Ken/Tito II-it happened like 3 mos. ago. Tito beat Ken silly in like 1:15 this time, and it was obvious Ken had nothing on Tito.
that night was also the host to the 5-round shadow-boxing contest of Orlafsky/Silva which made for the worst championship bout Id ever seen in UFC history.

(fstbusa @ Sep. 10 2006,17:36) I believe matt underestimated penn the first time when he moved up weight classes. I think he thought he couldn't match matts power and skill and got caught. I don't think he will make that mistake again

I think matt will dominate penn.
+1

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 12 2006,11:28) if you're referring to Ken/Tito II-it happened like 3 mos. ago. Tito beat Ken silly in like 1:15 this time, and it was obvious Ken had nothing on Tito.
that night was also the host to the 5-round shadow-boxing contest of Orlafsky/Silva which made for the worst championship bout Id ever seen in UFC history.
I think they are scheduling another fight with those two. I'm not for anybody getting fatally wounded but I wish Big John would just let it go a little longer next time. I mean come on Ken can take it. After the last fight his face wasn't nearly as inflated as the first time.

if they let Tito fight Ken again, and Ken gets in the ring-he deserves the ass-stomping he's going to get.

Somebody tell him to go write a book and stop embarassing himself....

Hughes will prob win this one. He is alot diffrent fighter than Penn. I dont see him giving up his back again like that.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 12 2006,09:flamethrowing:) Dont mean to jack, but I have lost track of this thing.  Has Shamrock and Ortiz had their go at it again..again?
Now there was the second show down in which Tito won by TKO in the first round. If you haven't seen it, oh my G!!! Tito hit Shamrock with about 6 elbows in about 3 seconds and was mad when they stopped the fight. Man he could have been seriously injured. There is a third fight scheduled for October on spikeTV.

Back