Two up Riding

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
Did about 150 Miles of two up Riding yesterday and the girls where amazed at how smooth and comfortable the Busa is considering the sportbike not comfortable mystic, And I was amazed at how Different it is with a girl on back that knows how to be back there it was Like being by Myself, everyone else I've given a ride too have made me nervous. Good day of riding. They have figured out when I say hold on I don't mean a Harley hold but reach around and lock if possible lol

Your right on there... a bad pillion rider can totally screw up the ride for you!! I have noticed that pillions who usually keep their bodies tight... are a huge pain in the ass, especially in the turns/ lean's
wink.gif

I so know your pain! Thankfully my girl loves to ride and doesn't keep a death grip or use me as a friggin pillow while riding.

Did about 150 Miles of two up Riding yesterday and the girls where amazed at how smooth and comfortable the Busa is considering the sportbike not comfortable mystic,  And I was amazed at how Different it is with a girl on back that knows how to be back there it was Like being by Myself,  everyone else I've given a ride too have made me nervous. Good day of riding.  They have figured out when I say hold on I don't mean a Harley hold but reach around and lock if possible lol
You said " girls" is that plural? more than one? Thats what I'm talking about!
bowdown.gif
super.gif

I'll bet 75% of my riding anymore is two up. She is a great rider and loves going fast so we have become a rather quick couple. We've been 165, anyone go faster with passenger? After getting use to the weight, I've found the busa super smooth and planted...and fun two up. Not to mention the two "added extras" against me for twice the enjoyment. I'm smiling just thinking about them. I mean her.
cool.gif

i hit 175 with my gf...but that is speedo 175... she wants to top it out with me...that crazy B*&ch!
laugh.gif

NO i hit a whopping 120 before im gasping for air. Wife used to want a bike but after a ride through some of the MO curves it changed her mind. Hell i was so bent on scaring the shid out of her i fugged around and scraped my engine case on a turn. Oh well dont have to worry about any more passengers. Now i can get my alunimum subframe and racing tail section.
blush.gif

This may sound dumb, but I don't really ride fast with a passenger. Too much to go wrong. I mean, I may get it to about 90, but thats about it.
My life my hands....someone elses life...no way!!!

Not really into the two up riding style. Prefer much more to ride solo, more free to do whatever I want.

I have been TOLD I am a very good passenger!
smile.gif

Never ridden anyone on the back of my bike though. But I do think staying close to the driver and mimicing their movements, but otherwise staying as still as possible, helps to make a good rear seat!

85% of my riding is with one of my daughters, 14&12 yrs old. they are both great riders, cant even tell they are back there. My 12 yr old rode with me during the Busa Bash 3, we rode around 250 miles on Sunday on the way home. The Busa is just a GREAT BIKE.

I took my wife for a short ride on Sunday. She later complained on how uncomfortable it was . This is my first sport bike, so I really didn't have anything I could say as far as advise on riding position and such. Might be a dumb question, but how exactly should a passenger be riding for best overall comfort. Should she be leaning a lot of her weight on me or what. She usually rides without complaint and I haven't had any complaints. We are both in good shape, so that isn't an issue. I imagine I will get a lot of smart ass coments on this one, oh well...

I've had a few good passengers, but most of them don't have a clue. I agree, it can make the difference between a great ride and a horrible ride.

I actually like passengers who hold on tight.  That way when I lean into corners they're not resisting the lean or helping it and I know they holding on and won't fall off the back.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115807556 -->

ive had one girl that reall yknew how to hold on.. one hand around me and one on the tank to keep from crushing my jewels on hard braking..

Back