twister damage pics boonville I.N.

ROACH

Registered
tHe WORST WAS JUST ON INDIANA KY border 15 killed trailer park 7 million damage to ellis parh horse race track several hores killed.They foundsome kids wading in glass and debri looking for parents at trailer park i cant get over there 4 pics still looking for bodies then it lifted + touched down here were i live in boonville at least 5 killed 200 injured it was crazy went out in morning people breaking down crying one lady i talked to all her kids photos all in street house totaly gone all cars wrecked.they are opening red cross shelters here now.
twisters
hurricains
earthquakes
what the hell is going on with weather?

right before it hit it hailed then got real calm+quite then came the freight train noise

AOL.com Images Not Available
IMG_3423.jpg

thanks going to be a tough christmas for some here.

Several of the 17 people, including three children, who died at the mobile home park were found in the pond and the new search raised the possibility that the toll of 21 deaths from the storm that hit as people slept about 2 a.m. Sunday could rise.

The search for victims and survivors broke off several hours after dark Sunday night at Eastbrook Mobile Home Park, and Vanderburgh County Sheriff Brad Ellsworth said the pond would be searched as work resumed Monday morning.

Indiana Task Force 1 scoured the Eastbrook Mobile Home Park Sunday, where 17 of the storm's 22 victims lost their lives, RTV6's Jeremy Brilliant reported.

Task force members used specially trained search dogs, as well as sophisticated cameras to search through debris looking for any signs of life or any victims.

It was the first time in more than 10 years that Indiana Task Force 1 had been called upon to find victims in its own state.

The group is one of 38 search and rescue teams nationwide. This was their fifth deployment so far this year.

Four others died from the tornado in neighboring Warrick County, east of Evansville. More than 100 people were taken to hospitals. Authorities said they did not have a count of any people missing.

Evansville Mayor Jonathan Weinzapfel said he was confident that all survivors or bodies left in the wreckage had otherwise been found.

"It hit the worst area it could have because folks didn't have shelter they could have gone to," he said.

The tornado, the deadliest to hit Indiana since 1974, struck a horse racing track near Henderson, Ky., then crossed into Indiana.

All of the dead were in Indiana. The youngest victim at the trailer park was a 2-year-old boy who was killed along with his 61-year-old grandmother, the Vanderburgh County coroner's office said.

The deaths in Warrick County included a couple and their 4-year-son. Authorities there also were counting as a fifth death the woman's fetus as she was eight months pregnant.

Mobile home park resident Tim Martin, 42, said he and his parents were awakened by the wind, which lifted their home and moved it halfway into the neighbor's yard.

They escaped unharmed, but he said they heard several neighbors calling for help. A neighboring mobile home was overturned, he said,

The news is unreal...so sad...glad you're obviously okay though...

Thanks for sharing the pics...

RIP to those lost...especially the children. That's heartbreaking...
sad.gif

that was a nasty twister. i feel bad for those who lost their loved ones and homes.
sad.gif

they say it did that in 45 seconds:( thats how fast one can wipe out a house and it was 2.am when hit. red cross is out there now with meals+ clothes some peple were in pajamas everything just gone.:( it hit a expensive neighborhood in newburg I.N. BELL OAKS WIPED THE PLACE OUT 1/4 MILLION $$ HOMES THERE COPS HAVE SEALED THE NEIGHBORHOOD.I dont think looting be problem here least hope not.

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131394312 -->

That same storm passed over where me, qarnaj, busa 854, and jmaz live an hour or two before it spawned those twisters. We are very lucky, could have been us.

That same storm passed over where me, qarnaj, busa 854, and jmaz live an hour or two before it spawned those twisters. We are very lucky, could have been us.
did it hail real hard on you? right after that is when it hit when the hail stopped.

i was very lucky those houses only 2 miles from mine.weather people saying wind hit 205mph.normal house glass can take mabe 100mph.elis park horse racing at henderson ky+ evansville I.N. STATE LINE IS WIPED OFF THE MAP 7 MILLION DAMAGE people in eastbrook mobile home park were hit the worse.i have insulation+ siding in my yard+ trees and i was 2 miles from it like it was raining insulation.

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131475812 -->

Back