Turned on heat?

RedBusarider

Registered
I was wondering how many of you have turned on the heat (furnace etc) in your homes?

It was 35 outside this morning and 55 inside so I turned the furnace on for the first time this
season for about a hour then turned it off and went to the store. My goal is to get to Halloween before I turn it on.
I don't think I made Halloween last year either. :banghead:

I'm going to assume that if you live in the lower half (southern part) of the USA that you
are probably not ready to turn a furnace on, if you even have one, and will be laughing at us in the Northern states. :laugh:

So much for global warming - As it did NOT hit 80 here all summer which is unusual.
Anybody remember the long cold spring we had this year? Maybe that had something to do with it. :poke:

Lake Michigan is 18" above what it was last year at this time. I guess it didn't evaporate at all this summer
as I don't remember it getting into the 70's but a couple of times for a very short period.

it was like 88 here yesterday. It was 60 here last week and everywhere we went, people were in uggs. Southern winter, I guess.

Turned the furnace on this week. I think it was Tuesday. The low was 35 and the high was in the 50's. It's been rainy and chilly every day since.

wen it gets below 62 degrees in my house I turn it on. its gettn close. prob another two weeks. or maybe in two days. who knows with new england weathers. it changes more then a women's mind does

Oh to live in the Southern states.

But A/C can cost a pretty penny too. Not sure which is more expensive Heat or A/C
Although heat can be Gas, Electric, or fuel oil are the most common. I think Gas is the least expensive of the 3.

One of the few benefits of winter in the Northern States is we get a break from Bugs.
Southern states have them year round. :laugh:

I have an 84yr old in my house. The furnace turned on in late August...

My gas bill is about a third of my electric bill. I do usually get to ride all year when we have our warm spells in the winter.

You really don't want to know how pretty it is here right now do you?
When winter comes here we turn off the Ac and open the windows. :)

This year I bought all new windows for my house and then had to buy an entire new heat pump and exchanger. Put aobut 11k in it all together. My house is all electric and my bill was out of control. More than a car payment every month. So now that it is all done it better be better or Im climbing a tower in a clown suit with a high powered fifle and well you can figure out the rest...lol. Thanks to the current political situation and the war on coal prices are through the roof. Can barely make ends meet now so this upgrade better help a lot. Have not used the heat part yet. prob not for a few more days at least before i have to start using it a little

Back