Ripoff Bastids

piratediverjefff

Registered
Our furnace stopped producing heat about a week ago so called the man to come check it out,found the ignitor was bad and according to him that particular ignitor(furnace is 20 years old)is almost impossible to find and would be in the $500-$600 range to replace.I pulled it/cross referenced the part # and found the identical ignitor is used in gas dryers so ordered one off E-Bay for $18 and just plugged it in,works perfectly.Can't believe they were going to take us for $500,I didn't fall for it but some old(er)couple probably would have.

Our furnace stopped producing heat about a week ago so called the man to come check it out,
found the igniter was bad and according to him that particular igniter
(furnace is 20 years old) is almost impossible to find and would be in the $500-$600 range to replace.

I pulled it / cross referenced the part #
and found the identical igniter is used in gas dryers
so ordered one off E-Bay for $18 and just plugged it in,
works perfectly.

Can't believe they were going to take us for $500,
I didn't fall for it but some old(er)couple probably would have.

There isn't anybody older than you ~ we just fired up the gas logs tonight . . .
hqdefault.jpg

Good one Red.:lol:

We've been using the fireplace for a week,
eats a lot of wood.:firing:

My mother in law got a call from (207) 512 - 4446 & ( 802 ) 661 - 0076 ~ asking her to dial 9 after a recorded message so they could access her phone . . .

35339767-6.jpg

People will always try to take advantage of us older folks ~ because they are too damn lazy to work for an honest wage . . .

It always happens on the coldest evening of the year.

It cost me 500 one year and then the winter something else went.

New furnace.

Good thing you know about this stuff.

I know they have the " Do Not Call Registry " for your phone ~ sometimes you need to take matters up on your own . . .

The Do Not Call Registry accepts registrations from both cell phones and land lines.

To register by telephone, call 1-888-382-1222 ( TTY: 1-866-290-4236 ).

You must call from the phone number that you want to register.

To register online ( www.donotcall.gov ),
you will have to respond to a confirmation email.

These forums help us to learn about scams.

My old lady figured a few of them out.

How to stop Jehovah witness ?

Extreme measures work.

Red, *<(;{)-

tumblr_obz87tm7ss1trujv8o1_500.jpg

Back