~~turn signal bulbs ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Can you purchase over the counter turn signal bulbs or are they Suzuki specific?

Need some amber bulbs. Thanks in advance.

hogger...

somene just had a thread up the other day about silverstar turn signal bulbs that were very bright...

Here it is... usn04limited has them... he didnt put the part number up but i'm sure you could pm him and get it.

looks like number 7507. Bet they are not amber. I'll check those out..thank you!

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151768774 -->

looks like number 7507. Bet they are not amber. I'll check those out..thank you!

hogger...
What year bike?
Bulbs seem to of change from 05-up.

05-up use 7507
04-down use 1157
pipe,

Upgrading from amber (K3) to clear (K6) model. Will need amber bulbs for sure. Chrome might be an option if I can find any.

Not many options in the deserts of Arizona.

hogger...

118_1842.JPG

hogger...
What year bike?
Bulbs seem to of change from 05-up.

05-up use 7507
04-down use 1157
pipe,

Upgrading from amber (K3) to clear (K6) model. Will need amber bulbs for sure. Chrome might be an option if I can find any.

Not many options in the deserts of Arizona.

hogger...
Not many options, but a good view.

Hogger, just because you are upgrading your lenses doesn't mean that you have to change the pigtails for the bulbs. My buddy's K3 uses 1157 in the front and we just put clear lenses in it. My K5 has 7507 (front) and 1157 (rear). Those silverstars are very bright. You don't have the fried egg look on the nose of the bike anymore, but there is a bit of a prismatic effect.

Don

Um, aren't the t/s bulbs 1156, single element style?
1157 should be for the brake and stoplight, dual element style.
A minor detail, but probably an important one.
In 05, they went to the 120 degree pin spacing, as opposed to the 180 pin spacing on 04 and before.

Clear Alternitives has the chrome bulbs listed for both.

In 05, they went to the 120 degree pin spacing, as opposed to the 180 pin spacing on 04 and before.

Glyn,
You're right. I was referring the plug style more than the element itself. I have no idea why they went to that pin spacing. Does anyone?

Don

Glyn,
 You're right.  I was referring the plug style more than the element itself.  I have no idea why they went to that pin spacing.  Does anyone?

Don
ok..now I am putting clear lenses on a K3 model therefore retaining the stock K3 bulb sockets. If I read this right I need the 1156 bulbs due to the 180 pin layout.

Is this correct?

hogger...

Hogger, that is correct. Pull your inners and then pull one of the signals (the right one is easier to get to) to make sure that your signals are the 180 degree configuration.

Don

Back