Turbo Street Bike Owners.... Extended Swingarm Length?

How Long is Your Swingarm?

• +3 Inches

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • +4 Inches

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • +5 Inches

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • +6 Inches

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • +7 Inches

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • +8 or more Inches

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
No vote button for stock? I'm running stock and that's what I'd prefer to keep. My '99 appears to be all stock (except for the Micron pipe) until you get close and I'd like to keep that look. That and the fact that every saggy-pantsed wannabe gangsta around Phoenix has his 'Busa or GSX-R stretched.
If I were racing all the time I'd stretch it, but I'm not...
Weazel

You have problem seeing as the Busa comes with a 190 :whistle:

I vote for +4 even though I don't have a turbo :(

But this is my dream setup right here think he ran a +4 arm on this run.

I really like the way that bike sits. I keep goin from wanting +6 to +8. cant decide. im +3 now and just lookn to buy an adjustable Mcintosh arm in a month or so that goes from +4 to +8 so I can always back it off if im gettn too much wheel spin.

but im 6'0 210 lbs and probably closer to 215 lbs by spring so im thinkn I could stand a longer vs shorter WB but dont want to completely ruin it as a street bike either. im thinkn of buyn a JRI MC/08 shock so I can fine tune it.

I set mine at 5 with a trac dynamic swingarm with a 18x8.5 custom spinner rim don't know how it would hook due to having to get it dyno tuned this summer I will keep you posted when I take it to the track

I have a Trac Dynamics 6 over arm set at 4 over... I personally like the look set at 4 over and would not go any farther with a stock tail... I'm not a big fan of the rear wheel sticking way out past the tail light.. If I were to go any longer I'd have to get an extended tail so it would look right..

I have a Trac Dynamics 6 over arm set at 4 over... I personally like the look set at 4 over and would not go any farther with a stock tail... I'm not a big fan of the rear wheel sticking way out past the tail light.. If I were to go any longer I'd have to get an extended tail so it would look right..
I dont think it looks too bad stretched passed the stock tail IF its lowered and not like 10 inches over like I see on bikes at bike week at myrtle beach all chromed out....:whistle:

Mine is adjustable from 0-6". Stock arm with box cut, removed upper bracing and underbracing welded on. 6" is doable on the street if you have a good adjusted shock and sticky combo. Also depends on some surfaces as not all roads are laid down the same. I live in NM where NM State Road Workers will always have a job as they continually repair or replace the same streets it seems every 5 years.

I'm also running stock wheelbase.....on my zx14 :laugh: about 245-50hp at 8lbs boost at 5000ft up...stock motor. I don't race her either or I'd need to stretch, just like to roll on once in a while, while keeping stock wheelbase/height for handling purposes :thumbsup:

Well I"m t 275 hp. stock swing arm sure it likes to wheelie first second and sometimes third running
19tooth counter shaft and 38 rear gears... love the speed. extend my swing arm not a chance been riding for fifty years ya'll youngsters should have had a kaw. 750 h2 tripple back in the day... you wouldn' be worried about weelies as you would have already learned how to cope with them...weight transfer!!!!!! BODY!!!! wouldn't have it any other way. so if your young and see an old guy with grey hair and beard beware he might just know how to ride!!!! Keep the rubber side down and the throttle wide!!! pykonjohn

Well I"m t 275 hp. stock swing arm sure it likes to wheelie first second and sometimes third running
19tooth counter shaft and 38 rear gears... love the speed. extend my swing arm not a chance been riding for fifty years ya'll youngsters should have had a kaw. 750 h2 tripple back in the day... you wouldn' be worried about weelies as you would have already learned how to cope with them...weight transfer!!!!!! BODY!!!! wouldn't have it any other way. so if your young and see an old guy with grey hair and beard beware he might just know how to ride!!!! Keep the rubber side down and the throttle wide!!! pykonjohn
really? 19/38 gears and it likes to wheelie? would have never thought that.....??? 275 hp? most fast turbo bikes make that thru 2nd gear on low boost....:whistle: get on a bike thats makn some real power then come back and preach about how to ride a turbo bike.

really? 19/38 gears and it likes to wheelie? would have never thought that.....??? 275 hp? most fast turbo bikes make that thru 2nd gear on low boost....:whistle: get on a bike thats makn some real power then come back and preach about how to ride a turbo bike.

275 is fun for a day. 400 hp is is better, I'm hoping 650 hp will excite me again.

275 and 19/38? Doubt that would wheelie with 350 hp

275 is fun for a day. 400 hp is is better, I'm hoping 650 hp will excite me again.

275 and 19/38? Doubt that would wheelie with 350 hp
Good Lord...you boost hungry sonofagun :shocked: I don't want to ride a bike with any more boost than mine....don't want to start an itch I can't afford to scratch :laugh:

hey man talk that sh! if you want to but you must have 15-45teeth thats what most of you youngsters like but if you like to make fun of my 275 at leatst their real and at the rear wheel when I push 100 with NX it tends to stand where ever. and i still have a stock swingare . lenghtened arms are for sissies or pu. how ever you like.i hope to run into you on the road we'll see bs. begins and ball end

like to say it

hey man talk that sh! if you want to but you must have 15-45teeth thats what most of you youngsters like but if you like to make fun of my 275 at leatst their real and at the rear wheel when I push 100 with NX it tends to stand where ever. and i still have a stock swingare . lenghtened arms are for sissies or pu. how ever you like.i hope to run into you on the road we'll see bs. begins and ball end

like to say it
your everyones hero.....:whistle: how did you get so awesome? plz tell....

like to say it

I'm your Huckleberry.. your a daisy if you do.:whistle:

Back