turbo insurance

hosinfefer

Registered
Hi guys

I am looking to get a rcc stage 1 this winter. I have started breaking the bike down and got a call from State Farm and they said if I do go turbo it will void my policy. Can any of you guys tell me who you are using?

FYI around toronto ontario canada if you can.

Thanks

why would you tell your insurance company you had a turbo anyway im with state farm but im not telling them i have a turbo

well hope nothing ever happens with that bike. They can walk without paying a dime because of the turbo. Thats how state farm works anyway

well hope nothing ever happens with that bike. They can walk without paying a dime because of the turbo. Thats how state farm works anyway

Exactly!! But if u don't tell them they would never know and you would still have the bike covered. Just the actually turbonkitnis what you would be losing on. Progressive quoted me $650 a month for my turbo setup... No thanks

I have a velocity stage two turbo kit on my bike and the first thing i did was let my state farm agent know, he told me to make sure it keep all my receips in a safe place and he noted it on my policy, i even call and review my policy with him this year and it all on their. And no my payment did not go up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a velocity stage two turbo kit on my bike and the first thing i did was let my state farm agent know, he told me to make sure it keep all my receips in a safe place and he noted it on my policy, i even call and review my policy with him this year and it all on their. And no my payment did not go up...

Didn't go up?????? ???

This does not suprise me at all. Insurace prices are just reached out and grabbed off the "who should we F over today tree" my insurance on a stock in college my hayabusa was costing me $50 a month more than my roomates insurance on his busa. My bike was 1 year newer model, same address, same coverage, I had maintained a clean driving record... Hand between his supercharged cobra, turbo prelude, and busa he had more tickets and violations than you can count. So how on gods green earth does that work out??? My advice is to just shop around.... You never know what it will cost

Exactly!! But if u don't tell them they would never know and you would still have the bike covered. Just the actually turbonkitnis what you would be losing on. Progressive quoted me $650 a month for my turbo setup... No thanks

Holy ****! I had thought about taking out some extra insurance to cover all the money I had put into my bike with the turbo and all, but I don't know now.... I have state farm.

it doesnt really matter what you say and have reciepts for with state farm they dont do replacement cost ive been through this already with a busa had every reciept for over 4000 worth of add ons got the blue book on the bike and 500 extra for aftermarket exhaust the rest was lost. talked with my insurance agent about having some kind of replacement cost put on aftermarket parts and was told that state farm doesnt do that, im not a new customer been with my agent for 12 years with no claims other than a stolen busa

why would you tell your insurance company you had a turbo anyway im with state farm but im not telling them i have a turbo

If you make a claim make sure you can pull the snail shell and throw some exhaust on her or it might cost you the claim.

You've got a good agent; he's your Uncle right :whistle:

I have a velocity stage two turbo kit on my bike and the first thing i did was let my state farm agent know, he told me to make sure it keep all my receipts in a safe place and he noted it on my policy, i even call and review my policy with him this year and it all on their. And no my payment did not go up...

same with me, I told my insurance company, they said it doesn't matter what I have on the bike, turbo, nitrous, both...........I'm still covered. They said to keep every receipt I had & also suggested to get the bike appraised so if something were to happen I have proof it is what I say it is.

That's a joke, your insurance guy isn't treating you right. :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think allot depends on the agent as well, some agents wont even cover our type of bikes, shop around,

I think allot depends on the agent as well, some agents wont even cover our type of bikes, shop around,

X100 Its all about who you walk into and end up talking to. Now that being said your agent doesn't have jack to do with your claim. It would be state farm and the adjuster that decides what the pay and when. Progressive will insure your motorcycle and add on up to $30000 in accessories and custom parts in the State of Tennesee

same with me, I told my insurance company, they said it doesn't matter what I have on the bike, turbo, nitrous, both...........I'm still covered. They said to keep every receipt I had & also suggested to get the bike appraised so if something were to happen I have proof it is what I say it is.

That's a joke, your insurance guy isn't treating you right. :beerchug:
and take lot of pics...:beerchug:

Back