Turbo hopes dashed..what next..?

I could just pretend I have no idea what it is..!!!! Mind you it will probably suck in women, children, litter and small mammals so it might give the game away..

...Im still looking..:rofl:

It gets worse.....I have tried getting a price for this Yoshimura R&D - TRI Stainless/Carbon Full System and was quoted £1535.35 an told they are now made to order...with an 8 week wait...I simply do not believe it.

You guys in the states have it easy and cheap when it comes to Yoshi stuff..! There has got to be someone in the UK getting this stuff in cheaper than that..

Vindy.

If it's that much price difference buy from the states and ship it out there, but being as the dollar is worthless, and it's not made local, I don't see how the price can be that much different???

Its unreal...I can buy an entry level basic turbo kit for the same money when you consider it will need setting up with a pc3. Not much change out of £2000 and there is no way Im paying that for a couple of hp when it gets me loads on the blower...........!

I think the turbo is one step closer.

Vindy.

You know I am going to vote for you to go with your first calling and find a way to ride a turbo. Keep us posted.

I've got a turbo mostly installed on my 14.....and insurance was never going to be part of the equation :laugh: If you've ever ridden a turbo, the bug will bite you so hard that pretty much nothing will stop you from boosting your bike if you can afford it. Its the rush of a lifetime........just do it :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Its looking grim. Been on the phone for hours this weekend and nobody will cover it. I have a company ringing me back tomorrow but thats it...if they wont cover it I will have to either go big bore or just pipe and flowed head or something like that......gutted.

Vindy.

Would your adjuster even know what a turbo looks like ? Most people unless they are bikers would not know what they are looking at .

My only fear is a switched on traffic officer would know and they could ask the insurance company if its covered. These checks can be done at the roadside and in the UK vehicles can be seized and crushed....!

Vindy.

Stage3 turbo on the street? You like to ride a headache? Save yourself the hassle and use a basic stage1 kit.

As for the insurance.. Why did you mention the turbo? You like to pay insane priemiums?

I could go for a lower spec...the stage 3 could be a problem with fuel. As I said before the insurance companies will not pay out in the event of a crash and the bike could be seized and crushed if its not covered properly. Its a catch 22 situation and although I dont do many miles I cant take the risk. Yesterday the insurance company wanted a nut and bolt breakdown of the proposed kit and exact power output figures....which I could not provide. Yes they have to manage risk but its gone too far.

Vindy.

In the UK if you even mention modified it gets hard...I found some insurance today for £360 for my Busa and LC and they will be ok with a pipe..

i am with bennets and also own a 350lc , fully comp for lc and busa with overseas coverage and legal protection £179 , not sure of your age im 47 :beerchug:

The insurance issue isn't just for the value of the bike.
In any major insuranceclaim the bike WILL be checked over
and an unlisted mod is a quick exit for the insurance.
In the case of a fatal RTA thats going to be nasty.
Seen it done in the UK more than once.

There are several Turbo Busa's in my area (Australia)
To be legal they need a "mod-plate". A government tag to
say its an approve modification. Not one has one, they wont
tag Turbo Hayabusa's as being a legit mod.

Back