Pillion passenger can't insure you.

newman

Registered
Just read on the MCN website, Aviva Insurance here in the UK will not insure you now if you carry a pillion passenger if you ride a sports, supersports or an off road style bike. The thing is Aviva underwrite one in seven motorbike insurance policy's sold.
I hope this is not the thin end of the wedge and other insures don't copy them.
The insurance costs have gone up so much in this country now, but mine is not due until next January so have to see then if it goes up even more.

You think thats bad. Most major automotive insurance companies do not cover medical for rider or passenger here in the US in the case of an accident.

[
Same here , State Farm

QUOTE=jellyrug;2716948]I'm fully covered and passenger. :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Same, full coverage for rider and passenger through State Farm.

For you guys with Statefarm, you should give a call to your agent and specifically ask about medical coverage incase of an accident on a motorcycle.

For you guys with Statefarm, you should give a call to your agent and specifically ask about medical coverage incase of an accident on a motorcycle.

I just got the renewal on my policy from State Farm and Coverages and Limits are as follows:

A Liability
Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
Propery Damage 50,000
D 500 Dedutible Comprehensive
G 500 Deductible Collision
U1 Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
Property Damage 25,000

So, from looking at that I would say that there is no medical coverage outside of an liability for another party or myself if I am involved in an accident with an uninsured party. Right or wrong?

Oh, by the way, that policy cost me $364 every 6 months.

Back