Turbo Busa runs hot in traffic

Uaintlobusa

Registered
I just bought a 2006 LE with a Mr Turbo stage 1 kit installed. I have put about 600 miles on it.
It's a lot of fun!! but,
When I sit in traffic the temp gauge really climbs, It has done it 3 times, and not even major traffic, just everyday type traffic. Once I get moving it cools back down.
Is this normal for a Turbo bike?
Is there any suggestions to try to keep it cooler?

thanks

Hope this helps.
beerchug.gif

i have never had any problem with over heating, in traffic or other wise as a matter of fact my bike runs cooler since i installed the turbo system, but my motor is also 8:1 comp down for stock 11:5 .1, and i still retain the stock oil cooler, make sure you don't have air traped in your cooling system...

Depends what you are doing before you get in traffic.  Coming off a hard run on the open road and then going into traffic wil make the bike heat up faster.  Also any Busa will run hot in heavy traffic, make sure your fan is going on when the temp reaches just a touch above 1/2.

by hot my fan just comes on. Thats about it on mine. I don't think mine has ever been into the red when in traffic. The fan keeps it right around the middle.

(fstbusa @ Dec. 11 2006,19:28) by hot my fan just comes on. Thats about it on mine. I don't think mine has ever been into the red when in traffic. The fan keeps it right around the middle.
you just discribed a perfectly normal bike. The fan is cycling and keeping the engine within the intended operating temp.

If gauge gets past the middle, then you have a problem.

many bikers seem to have this belief that a fan coming on is somehow bad. I've never understood this, especially since most of these same people drive cars that have fans cycling all day...? Either way, its supposed to be that way

i had same problem before, come to find out if you don't properly fill the coolant system it will get an air pocket. opened the cap and let the engine run till thermostat opens and see coolant go then i shut it down and fill it up if need to. after that put the cap back on and test. if anybodies been to Japan in the summer time at 100+ degrees and a butt load of humidity and hellacious traffic! mine runs fine after that. it gets hot but maybe a 16th from the middle mark then fan comes on and cools it back down. that's a cheap way to find out. i was ready to spend all kinds of money to make this thing run cool, but problem solved. my bikes get's shipped everywhere country i get stationed at. that means draining all fluids everytime and then refilling.
just some feedback...

(Uncle Bob @ Dec. 11 2006,20:21)
(fstbusa @ Dec. 11 2006,19:28) by hot my fan just comes on.  Thats about it on mine.  I don't think mine has ever been into the red when in traffic.  The fan keeps it right around the middle.
you just discribed a perfectly normal bike.  The fan is cycling and keeping the engine within the intended operating temp.  

If gauge gets past the middle, then you have a problem.

many bikers seem to have this belief that a fan coming on is somehow bad.  I've never understood this, especially since most of these same people drive cars that have fans cycling all day...?  Either way, its supposed to be that way
no sure i would say anything above middle is a problem.. a stock busa on a hot day after running good then in traffic can and will go a bit above middle till fans cools it down or you help the fan and pass air. the way you said it might scare some noobs
smile.gif

Back