Turbo bike gears

slow_and_easy

Registered
So, what gearing does everyone prefer for a Turbo Busa?  I had one down in the front for drag racing but after the Turbo install it seemed to be a waste of the higher RPMs during daily driving.  I ended up going back to stack but, now I'm considering going to one up in the front...  suggestions/experience would be welcome.
Thanks,
Rocky

ALOT of guys run 18/40 depending on power. I still like stock gearing
smile.gif

Where does the 18/44 gearing top out your first gear?  Just wondering, because 4 up in the rear is the same as going 2 down in the front yes?  I had a one down front sprocket and went back to stock after the turbo because it made the ride harsh (drivetrain lash) and it topped out gears too quick for my purposes. And I am considering trying one up in the front or possibly more.
With a stock length bike and 250HP, I'm trying to drop my 1/4 mile times but also trying to find the happy medium in that I want to keep it comfortable for street riding and the twisties.

<!--EDIT|slow_and_easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154199204 -->

you'll drop your 1/4 times best by practicing. nothing is a replacement for seat time.
wow.gif

I run a 16/42 on a NA bike. When the Turbo goes on I'll change the gearing to something like a stock 17/40 or 18/40. What does this do for chain length? Similar? Longer? Shorter?

1 down in the front is approx. to 3 up in the rear and vise versa 1up/3 down. If you want to see your actual MPH in perfect conditions heres your page.

-

Back