Busa Turbo dragbike

gerge

Registered
My brother and I are building a turbo Busa small tire dragbike. Relatively mild tune to start with and I had a couple of quick questions.

Having no experience with Busa's does anyone have any suggestions on a front/rear sprocket combo that would result in terminal MPH of about 175.

From prior experience with turbo bikes I know you need to limit overlap in the cam timing, but any suggestions on numbers?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Greg H.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
These guys will know.
beerchug.gif

I have no idea what would trap at 175. I only trap upper 150s maybe in the 60s.

I'm guessing 18/42 or so.

Geez, I dont feel like a wanna be; we have already built and raced a fuel injected suzuki rf900 turbo drag bike for the last 5 years, went 8.07 @ 170.  Did some very regular drag racing and won the points championship at our local dragstrip.  Have been drag racing for 10 years and that was the third points championship.  We just know we can do better in terms of total speed and consistnency with a modern engine.  We are going to be adapting the turbo from that bike and currently leaning towards running a stock injection system with a HAHN portfueler for piggy back system.

I appreciate everyones input.

As of now we have pretty much a small tire chassis as a roller, purpose built for Busa engine

Attachments

• moretimeslips.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 234
Well the rolling chassis is done, finshed out the wheel spacers today and will be putting the wheels back on tonight. Picked up a stock 07 BUSA engine, which we will use for the first go round, wont go over 300 HP until the turbo sysem is ironed out and we have some motor enhancements. Using a Hayabusa Promod front fairing and a gsxr1000 tail piece so it looks like a small tire dragebike (which it is). Next step is to fabricate the fuel tank and water reservoir. We arent going to run a radiator as it is a dragbike, bt we dont want to do away with the cooling system so there sill be a reservoir in the rear end (hahaha) in place of a radiator. I will post as we proceed and let yall know how it is going. In case anyone is interested we are selling our prior dragbike. It;s a SUZUKI rf900 with a modified HAHN GSXR 1100 turbo system. Built strong; crank, rods pistons, lock up clutch, etc, has been 8.07 and 172 in the quarter mile. There is a time slip posted above. It has been backhalfed and has wheelie bars, set up for bracket racing with a delay box and auto shifter, runs easy 8.60's at 157 all day long with lower boost settings. Won the track championship for NHRA points series last year at Sped World in Orlando FL. Pictures available by request. Asking 6k. Good price for that much speed.
egitarre77.gif

Dragbike update. Well the body is mounted. About to start ordering big pile of parts. We are leaning towards an ARC-2 for retard and two step, a HAHN portfueler for secondary fuel system. Havent sorted out the shifting yet, or decided which clutch to use. We are going to leave on the clutch, prostock style, ratehr than on a button with a cross over delay. Will post pics when available.

post pics of bike for sale, sounds like a fun toy to play with. Are you looking for cam degrees 105/108

(gerge @ Jan. 12 2007,07:37) Geez, I dont feel like a wanna be; we have already built and raced a fuel injected suzuki rf900 turbo drag bike for the last 5 years, went 8.07 @ 170. Did some very regular drag racing and won the points championship at our local dragstrip. Have been drag racing for 10 years and that was the third points championship. We just know we can do better in terms of total speed and consistnency with a modern engine. We are going to be adapting the turbo from that bike and currently leaning towards running a stock injection system with a HAHN portfueler for piggy back system.

I appreciate everyones input.

As of now we have pretty much a small tire chassis as a roller, purpose built for Busa engine
Only got page 1. Time slip

Back