Turbo Gearing

I'm going through the same thing myself. I'm getting my turbo tuned for 300 hp also and have been wondering on gearing. I was running -1,+2 before turbo and have since decided to change back to stock gearing. I'm also curious what tire you fellas are running on street. I have always ran q2 but was curious what every1 else is doing with turbos. This is my 1st turbo busa. Im expecting to have it back by tue or wed of this upcoming week.

I'm going through the same thing myself. I'm getting my turbo tuned for 300 hp also and have been wondering on gearing. I was running -1,+2 before turbo and have since decided to change back to stock gearing. I'm also curious what tire you fellas are running on street. I have always ran q2 but was curious what every1 else is doing with turbos. This is my 1st turbo busa. Im expecting to have it back by tue or wed of this upcoming week.

I'm running Shinko 003 But I've heard of others that are good.

Are you sure you didn't mean +1 / -2 otherwise that makes ZERO sense?

You would be slower than stock and put a HECK of a lot more stress on the output shaft, chain, etc...everything with that power... ???

Correct, typo, +1 in the front. -2 in the back, thanks. Not enough coffee.....

Hello,

i think a good choice is 18/43, almost STD but less stress for the output shaft,
and the 5th and 6th gear from Robinson Industries.
Otherwise in hard corners on the hill you never find the ride gearing if you are
too large from the base gearing.

Back