Turbo and Nitrous?

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Any one here running a Turbo with a NOS system? If you are how much boost and NOS you using? I know you can get 600-700 hp from a turbo alone. Was wondering if anyone maybe using a stage 1 with a nos system or if its not a smart move.

you [retty much answered you own question.
or if its not a smart move.

it also depends what you're using the nitrous for. If it's like one of those cryo systems to cool the intercooler core then it wont have any ill effects.
A 600-700 hp turbo bike has a hard enough time trying to stay together.

while we were allowed to :whistle: we used nitrous all the time on the hit till the turbo got up to speed.... they do not mix well after the turbo comes up to boost..

a cryo cooler is strictly drag race only (and not very green)

Here is a pic of my 1425cc KZ1000,with 35lbs boost and 2 stagees of N2o. 12 inch slick , Orient Express 3speed auto . Back in 1986 it was a suck through system amd the Nitrouis would help cool the charge. The engine held togather good with O ringed jugs and copper head gasket. But it wouldn't stand a chance against a Pro Street no bar shinkoed Busa of today.

Picture 002.jpg

We have run the combo on cars, bikes, sand rails, drag boats and diesel trucks.. setup correctly you can do this.

Biggest problem? underbuilt motor...

guys forget that you need a connecting rod/block/head combo that can take the power.. (tend to go boom otherwise) also if you are off on the tune up? well bad things happen.. break an intake valve spring or float a valve..and you have a bomb... (and a big one)

as far as the cryo cooling goes, we never did that.. and I am surprised that it is allowed considering the "enviro heads" that are running around now days..

Last edited:
Boosta, that would be one of the original "Funny bikes" ?? bet that thing was a riot to ride... where the heck was that taken? (looked like you were at altitude?)

That was taken in Fairbanks Alaska during the Golden days race in 1986 around 1000feet. I am from Anchorage and we would make the yearley treck north.Yes it was a thrill to ride, I was Single and no kids. Ran high 7s in the 170s. I love no bar racing, much easer on the drive train and requires more skill.I love whupping up on bikes with wheely bars.:thumbsup:

DSC_0059.jpg

On soltice June 21 pretty much light all night in Anchorage and gets lighter the futher north you go, still cold though. I will move to the lower 48 in around 4 years after the kids graduate and go to all the cool places in the states. The Texas mile will be top on the list.

mti in tennesse.. just built a motor for my brother in laws 08 busa. he's running 10 lbs of boost and a 50 shot of spray on top of that. ... how long will it last????

Back