Tuning Options, Gen1

SSGT_B

Registered
I have spent the better part of a few weeks trying to decide which one is better and why. For now my bike is a relatively stock 06. Pair mod, air box, sealed ram tubes, KN filter, shorty Yosh slip ons -1 front sprocket. Eventually I want to big bore and turbo the bike but that wont be for a few years. So that leads me to tuners. PCV, Bazzaz, ecu editor, WRT......

What do you use and why one over the other? I have been tuning my Z06 for years with HPTuners but the bike is a whole new platform.

Sorry if this had been asked before. I must have missed it in my search.

Thank you

Big Bore and turbo don't go 2gether....... usually the preferred setups are Big Bore/stroker + nitrous or Turbo. There is nothing 2 be gained from a big bore on a turbo application. You can achieve more HP safely by simply running a stock bore and turn up the boost. Thinner cylinder walls (big bore) plus turbo boost is a recipe 4 disaster....

Until you figure out where or who you are gonna have build/tune your bike there really is no need 4 discussion. I can't tell you Bazzaz is the best because the tuner or shop that you take it to might only tune using Power Commander or vice versa....
So until you figure out exactly what you want to do turbo or big bore etc. And who's gonna do it I would just suggest you spend some time researching shops nearest you and save your $$$ because it's not gonna be cheap

I appreciate the honesty. Coming from the car world, big bore motors and boost worked great. Guess Ill keep reading

If it's going to be a couple of years before you do a big upgrade I would just do a ECU edit for now. I went with the ECU, because for simple tunning, I did not see the point in buying extra hardware when all I needed was the software I had adjusted.

Here is an avenue you can persue if you do the nessasary homework 1st. Let me set this up 1st as I am also a Corvette owner.

I went to the Pomona NHRA finals recently and parked my Busa near the front gate. While getting everything squared away this guy named King ask me how I like my Busa.

Among other things I told him him it would be fun to do a big bore upgrade someday. He explains to me its really not nessasary and tells me why.

1st, the motor as it is has plenty left in it that has remained untapped. His biggest bang for the buck mods were this. Intake cams, ported head, 4 into 1 system, and a tune.

He told me with a $2500 clutch setup their were guys running 8.70s with these mods along the normal minor mods to make the Busa launch.

While their is no substitute for displacement until boost is added, running a NA motor has advantages.

If I were to have a Busa boosted it would probably be a dedicated Busa with a NA Busa as my driver.

I have his business card. If you want his contact information pm me and I will send it your way.

Back