Tuners help.. (JohnnyCheese, Frank etc.)

Blake051300

Registered
Here's my question. I'm still in the process of installing my turbo kit. I have the HMF bigbird pipe that I've pretty much made up my mind to use. Now with that decision made I figure I should make it completely stealth and put the filter in the fairing and not sticking out. I would think that the small partially obstructed filter would rob power compared to a bigger filter in the open air. The bike is just stock with a GT28 that will run 6lbs.

So Johnny Cheese and Frank (Powerhouse) and a few others I forgot, I'm looking for input from you guys who regularly tune turbo bikes, whats your thoughts and experience? Have you done tests on the same bike with these two setups? It also looks like I could make a setup with two small filters just behind the ram air ducts and connect them to the turbo inlet. Maybe I'm over thinking this but please give me your input.
Thanks

Here's my question. I'm still in the process of installing my turbo kit. I have the HMF bigbird pipe that I've pretty much made up my mind to use. Now with that decision made I figure I should make it completely stealth and put the filter in the fairing and not sticking out. I would think that the small partially obstructed filter would rob power compared to a bigger filter in the open air. The bike is just stock with a GT28 that will run 6lbs.

So Johnny Cheese and Frank (Powerhouse) and a few others I forgot, I'm looking for input from you guys who regularly tune turbo bikes, whats your thoughts and experience? Have you done tests on the same bike with these two setups? It also looks like I could make a setup with two small filters just behind the ram air ducts and connect them to the turbo inlet. Maybe I'm over thinking this but please give me your input.
Thanks

I have tuned all kinds of setups and brands of turbos on a variety of bikes, and have also done a lot of testing of different filters and pipes. For the level you are planning - 6 pounds of boost, full pipe - your stealth setup will be fine. Several people have made big horsepower with full systems and intakes behind the fairing, and although it WILL affect the final HP numbers and "responsiveness" of the turbo, the restrictions imposed by a small air filter and full pipe will not be measurable below 10 pounds of boost. Go with what you are planning, and don't over think it.

Post some pictures when you got it all together!:beerchug:

I like the full pipe but the header i have now will take some work to make my old can work
(bummer) but back to the ? yes sound fine but remember heat is NOT your friend pump gas and heat will kill a bike so no high speed back to back racing:whistle:

Back