TUNER NAMED DEAN PHELPS Texas

bigjack7679

Registered
Have any of you heard of a tuner named Dean Phelps. I live in the north texas area and he is not that far away. Here are a few links with info on him.
Person of the Week: Dean Phelps AMA Dragbike: Welcomes Dean Phelps back as Technical Director
Stadium Yamaha Announces New Dyno Center For Bike Tuning | PRLog

Johnny Cheese is considered to be one of the best but is located 3 hours or so away. It would be great to have someone who is right around the corner so thats is why im very interested in Dean Phelps. He is Currently partnered with stadium yamaha in Irving Texas. they have a dyno and everything else needed to get the job done. Does any body know anything about DEAN PHELPS?

My bike is an 08 busa. Want to go with a full exhaust and tune, Thanks

Never heard of him. I was pretty satisfied with Johnny Cheese. Rode down and back up to Waco on a Saturday, and it cost $250. DFW area wouldn't be that much farther.

Just Brock's Alienhead. Picked up about 9hp from the tune. Got rid of all the popping, and the power delivery is glassy smooth now.

Steve08busa.jpg

just brock's alienhead. Picked up about 9hp from the tune. Got rid of all the popping, and the power delivery is glassy smooth now.

i love how the brocks look. Are they a full exhaust system?
Was the 9hp gain the total with the alien heads and tune?
Scale of 1 to 10, how loud are the brocks??
AND THOSE THE TUNE WITH A POWER COMMANDER?

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS BUT I REALLY WANT TO DO IT RIGHT

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 08, AH, pcIII tuned, picked up just over 13 hp. Sound, on a 1-10 for loud , I would say about 8.

i have an 08, ah, pciii tuned, picked up just over 13 hp. Sound, on a 1-10 for loud , i would say about 8.

thanks alot for the info, do u have a link to the one you purchased.
And did your cruising mpg change at all. Thats if u cruise. Lol

i love how the brocks look. Are they a full exhaust system?
Was the 9hp gain the total with the alien heads and tune?
Scale of 1 to 10, how loud are the brocks??
AND THOSE THE TUNE WITH A POWER COMMANDER?

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS BUT I REALLY WANT TO DO IT RIGHT

Thanks!!

The Brock's is a full system. The dyno graph is before/after the tune, so the exhaust was already on it for the first run. No PC. He just flashed the ECU. The pipes are pretty loud and throaty. Not much of a muffler to quiet them down.

the brock's is a full system. The dyno graph is before/after the tune, so the exhaust was already on it for the first run. No pc. He just flashed the ecu. The pipes are pretty loud and throaty. Not much of a muffler to quiet them down.

ok kool, thats a nice amount of hp added

Jack.
I understand the local thing, but seriously. Take a Saturday and bring it to Johnny.
Don't buy a PC either. Let him tune it thru the stock computer.

Jack.
I understand the local thing, but seriously. Take a Saturday and bring it to Johnny.
Don't buy a PC either. Let him tune it thru the stock computer.

Thanks fot the input,I have been thinking about this very thing for days now.Hesaid it would cost me 1k, and to do the pc5 because it was cheaper and about the same. i was like why would it cost so much. Then he went into some tech stuff and lost me. well he had already lost me at the 1k for the tune through the cpu

Thanks. How long does it take johnny to work his magic

Dean does have a good reputation. I have him do the valves on the FJR and FZ1 when they are due. But I did drive about 5hrs one way two seperate times to Johnny's for a base line and then for a tune on the B-King.:laugh:

Dean does have a good reputation. I have him do the valves on the FJR and FZ1 when they are due. But I did drive about 5hrs one way two seperate times to Johnny's for a base line and then for a tune on the B-King.:laugh:

kool, Thanks for the input. What type of results did you see from the baseline and the tune aftermods?

Thanks fot the input,I have been thinking about this very thing for days now.Hesaid it would cost me 1k, and to do the pc5 because it was cheaper and about the same. i was like why would it cost so much. Then he went into some tech stuff and lost me. well he had already lost me at the 1k for the tune through the cpu

Thanks. How long does it take johnny to work his magic

Wow,
I have NO idea what could cost a grand on a tune.....???
I just txt Johnny and he said a max of about 4 hours and $300 to go thru the ECU.
Be sure and ask him if you need to buy a pigtail to go in your ecu. I seem to remember something about that. I could be wrong tho.
(512)767-4273 That's his number incase you don't have it.

Wow,
I have NO idea what could cost a grand on a tune.....???
I just txt Johnny and he said a max of about 4 hours and $300 to go thru the ECU.
Be sure and ask him if you need to buy a pigtail to go in your ecu. I seem to remember something about that. I could be wrong tho.
(512)767-4273 That's his number incase you don't have it.

Thanks. I will give him a call

Back