Tuner In Pittsburgh, Pa?

Franknbeans

Registered
Hey all,

I'm not ready for a tune yet, but I need to start getting my eggs lined up when the car is ready to go. I know a bunch of car tuners. This is my first bike (motor) thus I don't know anyone that tunes them.

I contacted my car guy and he said he could do it but I was leary when he asked ME, what software to use.... I have no clue on this..

Any help is appreciated.

Ecu Editor or Ecu Unleashed can tune everything in the ecu.
A Power Commander can only adjust air/fuel, and some do ignition.
Ecu Editor is for Suzuki and Yamaha.
Ecu Unleashed does many bikes and cars.
It may be hard to find a tuner with a car dyno that also does bikes.
You could look into the Woolrich flasher, works with Ecu Editor.
Around $450. It comes with a datalogger, so you can build your own air/fuel maps.
A set it and forget it dyno tune is ideal for most of us.
But for any serious racer, datalogging is the way to go. You can just ride and log data, and build a map from there.
Meaning, you can fine tune for conditions; elevation, temp, humidity, ect.
Would probably be best for your type of project.

Try Schnitz Racing they are in Indiana they may be able to do it. My dyno guy does 95% bikes but he can tune sand rails with Busa engines and a really cool dragster with a Turbo GSXR 1000 in it but you would not probably want to drive to WA. I know Scott Horner in SLC does 4 wheel stuff too but once again... the drive.

Many thanks for the info.
I'm not comfortable tuning things myself. I just have no idea on what I'm doing. LOL. Like most things, I want a professional to do it.

Woolich racing tune. Its also DIY. Not as hard as you might think to tune. Alot of resources out there. I would highly recommend you atleast look into it rather than give boatloads of money to tuners when you could spend it on your own stuff like a good wideband, logger, flasher

Will do! Reading up on it now... I like the automated fuel tune it has.. and I pay about $500 to get my cars tuned, so this isn't bad on price.

Will this allow me to ditch the huge stock air box?

Will do! Reading up on it now... I like the automated fuel tune it has.. and I pay about $500 to get my cars tuned, so this isn't bad on price.

Will this allow me to ditch the huge stock air box?
Yep but can't guarantee that would be good for power. The only real downfalls of doing your own tuning with a wideband logger and flasher are you dont know exactly the AFR/timing that makes peak power and dont know what rpm is peak power without a dyno pull once in awhile. Still highly worth it though.

Sounds good... I've been looking up the "air box mod". .. I found hundreds of threads saying "I've done it" but I haven't found the "how to do it" thread... is this a sticky somewhere?

Sounds good... I've been looking up the "air box mod". .. I found hundreds of threads saying "I've done it" but I haven't found the "how to do it" thread... is this a sticky somewhere?

There are 2 different mods, small and large airbox mod.
I'll look for them, the search function isn't back up to par yet since the changes to the org.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong; but I think the "small mod" is only removing the flapper/door in the airbox. The "large mod" is removing the large cut-out of plastic like in the link the pirate posted.

If you want the correct info here, you may wait a while.
But, post something wrong and they'll respond alomost immediately, lol.

Back