Trouble code after hooking up MSD Launch Master

DocDrop

Hooch Master
Donating Member
Registered
I hooked up my Launch Master and everything seemed ok i rev it up no problem but once i engaged the clutch to the preset rpm and then let go of the clutch it revs up like it should but then my F1 lite comes on. I can kill the bike and its off but once i pull the clutch in and rev it up it comes back on. Has anyone had this problem.

I haven't installed mine yet but it is known to do that. Most air shifter kills do the same thing.

FI light is telling you something went outside if what it is supposed to be seeing. It will run the same. Mine has been doing on every drag strip pass since I went to an air shifter this year.

Thanks Professor... DocDrop is my husband/ mechanic and he is working on my new bike..... still waiting for my next passes down the strip....

Great........ Let me know how the launch master works. I'm not going to have time to put mine on for the finals this weekend. I don't want to make any major changes to the way I'm doing things before the last race anyhow.

I got a hold of Schnitz Racing the place i bought the controler from and talked with tech about the issue i was having and he sayed the same thing basicly what your saying professor. The ecu is showing a coil is not firing and it thows a F1 code but nothing is affected by it. I did a few test launchs this afternoon and it seems pretty cool, my wife (driver) will like it once she gets used to it.

Back