TRE?

EAKbusa

Registered
Don't get me wrong, I have been riding for almost 20 years. On top of this I am an engineer but I am not quite sure what TRE is and what it does.

it is a resistor, don't remember what ohm rating it is. Tricks ECU into thinking that you are always in 5th gear to get rid of restrictions in 1st, 2nd, and 6th. Smooths out throttle response in lower gears. Have heard that if your racing you will usually get better times ( maybe .5 sec ) without it but don't know about that one for sure

it is a resistor, don't remember what ohm rating it is.  Tricks ECU into thinking that you are always in 5th gear to get rid of restrictions in 1st, 2nd, and 6th.  Smooths out throttle response in lower gears.  Have heard that if your racing you will usually get better times ( maybe .5 sec ) without it but don't know about that one for sure
Really, can you prove that?
If you are racing below 4K it may
baaa.gif

it is a resistor, don't remember what ohm rating it is.  Tricks ECU into thinking that you are always in 5th gear to get rid of restrictions in 1st, 2nd, and 6th.  Smooths out throttle response in lower gears.  Have heard that if your racing you will usually get better times ( maybe .5 sec ) without it but don't know about that one for sure
Really, can you prove that?
If you are racing below 4K it may
baaa.gif
No I can't prove it, thats why I said that I had heard it but didn't know for sure. Have only taken mine to the track a couple of times and don't really know much in that area at all.

Vincent this is why you should not say things you are not sure of.
Especially say aboput .5 sec that is alot.
There is enough B.S. on the internet as it is.
This is why I call the TRE a magic box that does all these wonderful things. just like ocean front property in Nevada
baaa.gif

Vincent no harm no foul just playing with ya

I installed an ATRE(switchable) on my '03 and I can tell a world of difference in the on/off throttle response. Bike even feels much safer now. I used a 6800 ohm resistor. Can't tell if the bike is faster or pulls harder but throttle is definitely there with just a touch. It removed the split-second hesitation from off throttle. Magic fix or not......I would recommend it.

yeah I've got one and can tell you it reallt does smooth out the throttle response. Felt like a whole different animal once i installed it

What does one of these devices go for, where can I get one, how do I install it?

Buuuuuuut....is it really needed, I mean really? Seems to me that if it was really needed to make the bike "safer" or more controllable that Suzuki would have it right from the factory. Or is this more of a personal taste thing?

What does one of these devices go for, where can I get one, how do I install it?

Buuuuuuut....is it really needed, I mean really? Seems to me that if it was really needed to make the bike "safer" or more controllable that Suzuki would have it right from the factory. Or is this more of a personal taste thing?
Is it a mandatory install...No. Does it make the bike run smoother yes, for all the reasons that have been stated. You can buy an Ivan's TRE that simply plugs in for between $50-$70 online or at a motorcycle shop. Its cheaper online. You can build one for about $2 or a switched one for about $7.

All you need is a 6.8ohm 1/4 watt resistor, some wire, a switch if you want a switched TRE, and the instructions.

After doing it the first thing i thought was, "it should have been my first mod".

Oh yeah.....wanted to tell you....if you do the switchable version....it only cost me about $9.00......you should be able to find the resistor for about $.25 to $.30.......and the job should only take you about 20 minutes.......can't beat the improvement for that kind of money in my book........

This is why I call the TRE a magic box that does all these wonderful things. just like ocean front property in Nevada
baaa.gif

Hey Nevada is suppose to become ocean front by 2015.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

baaa.gif

Hey Nevada is suppose to become ocean front by 2015.  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Ain't gonna happen! Cali will be here for a long damned time

biggrin.gif

Back