Tre mod

Busa Billy

Registered
Has anyone done the homemade TRE mod? Supposedly it is supposed to do the same thing as the snap in jobbies. I work with some electricians that can solder the resistor, so I am considering it. feedback is appreciated.

Billy

Yes I have it installed. Throttle response is a little crisper.

Have'nt checked out top speed yet, I went 196 mph indicated before installing it and I'm not going that fast or faster again until I get a new rear tire.

I have a 2000 Busa.

Won't affect top speed.
Gives you back the power lost by retarding the ignition in the lower gears. Another bonus is getting rid of the stumble about 2500 when rolling on the throttle at low speed.
trnansformed my bike when I fitted it.

Won't affect top speed.
Gives you back the power lost by retarding the ignition in the lower gears. Another bonus is getting rid of the stumble about 2500 when rolling on the throttle at low speed.
trnansformed my bike when I fitted it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It affects top end only on 2001 (no limiters on 99/00). 2002 is still up for grabs (they've changed it and no one's talking
tounge.gif
).

If you are doing home-made, I would suggest getting a switch for the dash so you can switch it back to 'normal' mode. It will make the idle much smoother when you warm the bike up in the mornings, switch it back when you take off. Plus, you'll have a cool switch on the dash.
biggrin.gif

it works on the 2002 i put mine on during my lunch break just got back in for a spin kinda windy so didnt go to fast but it improved 1st gear and it seems second.........rest of the gears work the same it seems

just rode to aplm springs and back yesterday this morning.......it sucks a lil more gas but its worth it the bike feels like it should

What about some of the erratic idle problems that people have reported with the "store bought" version?
I have read that some people have problems with the bike not wanting to idle at all, and some say it will only idle really fast (2000 + RPM)

OK let me show how little I know about the machine that I ride. What is a TRE mod? And what is it supposed to do?

Marc
withstupid.gif

actually now that u mentioned it it does idle like poop i gotta speed it up one of these days ive been so frikkin lazy i just want to ride ya but the idle does seem to stumble though but its worth it

i have a 2001 and just added a TRE a few days a go
it responds a lot better but like everyone else says it runs like poop at low idle and the choke doesnt work right unless you pull the clutch lever......

OK let me show how little I know about the machine that I ride.  What is a TRE mod?  And what is it supposed to do?

Marc
withstupid.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Timing Retard Eliminator. All FI Suzukis starting with the 1998 TL1000R has retarded timing in gears 1-3. This 'eliminates' it by setting the gear position sensor signal as 6th.

Eliminates top end restriction on the 2001 Busa and GSXR1000 when set to the 5th gear resistance.

Did it this W/E.
Rate it a 10 out 10.
Resistors cost $0.23 (that's including tax!!) at Radio Shack.
It takes longer to remove the body work that to do the install.
The ONLY thing I did not like about my bike ( a 2000), was the terrible "lurching" at low throttle.
This mod completely eliminated that, and the bike feels much snappier off the bottom.
Not even considering the cost (basically free), it ranks as one of the best modifications I have ever made to any bike.

JD did you do the mod yourself? if so can you share the specifics??? - Thanx / Kent

Yup, did it myself.
I would love to take all the credit for the research and technical details of this mod, but a contributor to AZbusas did the work.
Check out ezboard.com, then go to AZbusas. Click on Garys Tech Site. He has a complete description there.
If you have problems finding the site, or getting the information (or problems with this mod in general), give me a yell back and I will go through it in detail.

Back