tre mod

tre = timing retard eliminator.

used to get rid of the low rpm stumble people say their busas have. Its does this by tricking the computer into thinking its in 5th gear all the time.

by doing this is also bypasses the top speed restriction of 186mph.

Ill let u know in about a week after i get mine and install it..
smile.gif

For better engine performance (not top speed) and drivability at low speed is it better a power commander or the TRE?

I'm tired of asking the darn question
sad.gif

I've got an ATRE programmed to use 4th gear map. I can't comment on the removal of the top speed limiter, but it definitely helped with the low-speed stumble.

Yesterday(06/14/04) i put on a set of ebc hh pads and put a TRE on my bike and they are the two best mods i have done so far.

the TRE smoothed out the low rpm lurching and jerkyness.
(haven't tested the top speed since adding tre)

for all you guys debating on upgrading your pads  DO IT NOW you wont be disapointed.

purchased my tre from [URL=http://www.jsdproducts.com/Product_Info/JSD/jsd.html
very inexpensive 29.95 jsd1

<!--EDIT|BLU88
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087324568 -->

You're in luck my friend ! I just completed my home-made switchable TRE this evening.

It's very simple, fstbusa is 100% correct as usual in what is does for your bike.

A TRE and Power Commander are unrelated. PC will adjust your fuel map to keep your Air/Fuel mixture where it should be, and possibly your ignition timings too if you have a PCIIIr.

Here's some pics, I will photoshop a wiring diagram for you in a bit.

Here we see the 6.8k Ohm resistor in place, I chose the GPS side of the connector as it's far easier to work on - you can work from the clutch side.

tre_001.jpg

And here we are, all wrapped up ready to plug back in.
Simply switch over for 5th gear map, switch back for stock .. love it ! Cost was 4c for resistor and $3 for switch. Took maybe an hour all up.

tre_003.jpg

For testing, leave the switch on stock maps, and start your bike.
Let the idle stabilise if cold, then switch over to 5th gear map.
You should hear the idle raise a bit .. mine went from 1100 to 1300 rpm.

You can also switch it over, then pull in the clutch in neutral.

cool but i like the plug n play. take it off if if want to .. dont like to splice .... nice job though.
smile.gif

Back