'TRE' DIDNT WORK!

Hypersonic

Registered
Have you ever heard of this before?

I installed a Timing Retard Eliminator ("ËœTRE') to my 2006 Busa and this made no Difference! in fact it made it worse!
Instead of letting 6th Gear go to 11,500 max rpm it limited 5th Gear to 10,800rpm. i.e. it made 5th gears Red Line the same as 6th ! not the other way around (6th should have gone to 11,500 the same as 5th )
It's as if the TRE was telling the ECM it was in 6th & not 5th Although lower gears do rev to 11,500rpm.

I thought it was just me but I just had this all verified on a Dyno and its fact. Two runs were done on the dyno with TRE in and out to double check this

SO HAS ANYONE EVER STRUCK THIS PHENOMENON BEFORE BECAUSE MY MOTOR TUNER IS BAFFLED, ALL I CAN DO IS PURCHASE ANOTHER "ËœTRE' AND TRY AGAIN BUT NOW IM UNSURE WHICH BRANDS ACTUALLY WORK?

Maybe things are different with the Euro models but my US model could never rev to actual 11500 RPM.

In my instructions, the test for a TRE is to hold the revs at 2000 rpm with the clutch engaged, in neutral, then release. It should drop the rpm's slightly then return.

Unless you are holding the bike at red line, you may not get an accurate rpm reading on the tach. The tach does not move as fast as the engine revs.

Don

NightCrawler I have a Checkered Flag Motorsports Smart TRE
I am going to try an IVAN'S TRE-005 next.

To USN05LE the REVS are correct as per the Dyno but the bikes Taco showed similar Red line Revs. (the dyno reads the revs separately not via the Taco) Also I have done this myself and 5th gear defiantly cuts out sooner with the TRE connected and 6th gear stops at 10,800 (aprox) giving a restricted speed of 294klm (as logged by GPS) I did two runs one with the TRE connected and one as Std and I recorded exactly the same speed! (294).
Ps the Dyno recorded a top speed of 286klm suggesting that even if I get the TRE working for those few extra revs I still may not see 300! The final gearing may also need to be changed maybe Suzuki changed the Cogs as a secondary speed limiter to keep us all under the magic 300?

Busa_flat_out.jpg

Not trying to sound stupid and I'm sure you tried this, but if your TRE is like mine, it's built into a gear indicator and needs to be programmed the first time you install it.

Also, the bike stock will not reach redline with just a TRE in 6th, because the bike is geared for 200+ mph and doesnt have the horsepower to put it there.

NightCrawler I have a Checkered Flag Motorsports Smart TRE
I am going to try an IVAN'S TRE-005 next.
I seem to recall someone (or some people) having problems with CFMS's Smart TRE. I have their switchable TRE and it worked with no problems. I'm tempted to say its that particular brand of Smart TRE which has issues but I'll look for that thread first.

Back